ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

many lighting problems

Clio 182
right lets start this one off with side lights come on when the ignition is turned on. all switches are off and the dash is duller. when side lights get put on at the stalk the dash lights up like normal. now to the second. my rear lights when on drivers side dosent work but when pressing the brake all lights come on. i have swapped both the lights around and the same problem happens when with the passenger light connected to the drivers side. the bulbs have been replaced. i know its confusing but hey what isnt lol.

mk2 Pre f/l - Keeks
Possibly a problem with the earthing point for the lights? That'd be the first thing id recommend checking as I had the same sort of problem with the rear lights, indicators went haywire, everything flashing etc.

mk2 Pre f/l - Keeks
grab a t20 and take the plastic covering off in the boot (the bit with the boot catch under it), then pull up the carpeting around where the lights unbolt, should see a wire running down and connected via a screw to the chasis, unbolt it, clean it all up with some fine sandpaper, re sand the grounding point and screw it back on, repeat on the other side. Should fix your problem, keep us posted.