ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Major dash/electrical issues - please help

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Today I've had the dash off and one of the seats out and when it was all back together I had the following:

• Rev counter not working
  • Speedo not working
  • Petrol gauge not working
  • Oil temp gauge not working
  • On-board computer not working (press the button to scroll through the options and nothing happens)
  • ABS light on
  • STOP light on
  • SERV light on
  • Petrol light on even though there's 25 litres of fuel in the tank
  • TC light on
  • Handbrake light on even when the handbrake isn't
  • Airbag light on

Obviously something hasn't gone back together quite right (understatement!).

Has anyone else had any similar experiences? If so, any suggestions on what needs to be done to fix it?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Oops.

Strange one mate. I've had my dash over loads of times and never had any probs. How about removing the dash again and then seeing if it works ok again?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Oops indeed!

I think off and on again is the only logical thing to do... I'll let you know how I get on. Meanwhile if anyone else had made a similar mistake, let me know.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Did you take the whole dash out? Or just the top?

Did you turn the ignition on while there was anything unplugged?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Sounded like the earths haven't been reseated properly onto the dash bar.

clio 172 ph2
check plugs are in correctly on back of speedo and also check plugs on back of clock! the clock seems to have loads to do with the dash wiring for some reason

Yep - when you take the top of the dash off you can see 3 metal screws going into the bars behind the dash
Each of them has an earth cable on them

If you undo those screws (which you should only really do to remove the bottom of the dash) it's fairly easy to forget to put them back and without those earth's the whole UCH system goes nuts
I forgot to put one on and my windows would go down but not back up again lol