ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Macbook pro - Yosemite issues

Mini JCW
I have a Haswell MBP retina - when it was running Mavericks OS X everything was smooth, snappy and quick - however, ever since i've updated to Yosemite I find that everything's so laggy, scrolling, the UI, Safari has to constantly be quit and re-opened - it's really ruining the Apple experience for me. I've installed all the relevant OS X updates and am running no third party anti-virus or memory cleaner software to interfere with it.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Cayman S Edition 1
Can't help directly, but would recommend installing Sophos AV and CleanMyMac2. The latter is a paid for app, but I find really useful to delete all the cr*p off my macbook pro.

Might also be worth running Disk Util and run "Verify Disk", "Verify Disk Permissions". They will most likely find a few issues, but whether that helps or not .......

182 Cup/V70 D5
as above, run disk utility to verify and then click repair as well... then after that, reset your P-ram - turn the macbook off, then power it on whilst holding 'command + shift + P + R' - I still don't know exactly how this does its thing but a lot of hardcore apple fans recommend it as one of the first things to try. The above 2 things worked on my missus' MBP the other day when it was being glitchy and slow.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
I found this happens when you download the latest OS on top of an existing one. Very laggy and slows the machine down at really basic things like coming out of it's screen saver and speed of logging in after it's in sleep mode. But I'm in a worse position that you. 2011 MacBook Pro with 2.0GHZ i7 that was initially shipped with Lion and now has had Mountain Lion>Mavericks>Yosemite since then.. Never buying a HDD computer again. MacBook Air for me next time I think!

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm experiencing the same with my 2011 Mac book pro, first time I've had an issue really, seems to mainly be around safari and sometimes finder is also crashing.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
My 2011 Air has issues coming out of standby taking an age, and also the volume and brightness animations lag a little.

SQ5
Can't help directly, but would recommend installing Sophos AV and CleanMyMac2. The latter is a paid for app, but I find really useful to delete all the cr*p off my macbook pro.

Might also be worth running Disk Util and run "Verify Disk", "Verify Disk Permissions". They will most likely find a few issues, but whether that helps or not .......

Could you not use onyx which is free?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I found the same when i upgraded my late 2012 to Yosemite. I find that it uses a lot more memory compared to older versions so i upgraded my Ram and have had no issues since, Going to stick a SSD in it as well just to make it even quicker.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL at upgrading to a SSD as being a suggestion. Nice one.
As has been said, permissions and disk repair. If no joy with that then you'll need to clean instal.

You could always go back to mavericks until they sort out issues.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
As has been said, permissions and disk repair. If no joy with that then you'll need to clean instal.

No one actually suggested that...?
1 person said that's what they had done in the past but didn't suggest it.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

It was something I was planning on doing anyway, it just seemed as good times any once performance issues were noticed.

Clio 182
To OP, I dont suppose you have paralells installed? If you have version 7 or older it plays havoc with Yosemite. Mine is back to its original self since completely removing it.