ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY R27 No 458/500

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I've decided to tidy up my project thread and rename it.

My car is a Liquid Yellow R27 No 458/500.

I've owned it for over a year now and have loved every minute I've driven it!
The car has spent a lot of time in storage in the UK as I'm currently based in Germany.

The current modifications are as follows.

Remapped.
ITG Panel Air filter.
Refurbished Wheels done in gloss black.
H&R Lowering Springs.
Piper Cat Back Exhaust.
K-tec Racing Black Edition Front Discs.
RC5+ Brake Pads.
Ultra Racing Strut Brace.
Ultra Racing Front Lower Strut Brace.
Ultra Racing Front Upper Strut Brace.
Ultra Racing Anti Roll Bar.
Projector Headlights.
Sparco Helmet box.

Here are a few pics.

6945290696_cfaec4d4d5_z.jpg

IMG_0504[1] by rafmatt1984, on Flickr

DSC08640 by rafmatt1984, on Flickr

8053415404_44d045ddea_z.jpg

284361_10150341081815731_538860730_10057308_297671 1_n by rafmatt1984, on Flickr

Fitting the Strut Braces.

Untitled by rafmatt1984, on Flickr

7746584272_d373488d4c_z.jpg

7746579262_4be0eda52f_z.jpg

7039503327_04e782c726_z.jpg

IMG_0132 by rafmatt1984, on Flickr

6893418124_68d863d6d1_z.jpg

IMG_0138 by rafmatt1984, on Flickr

7747512596_c4a4919be7_z.jpg

Track day at Brands Hatch.

Planned Mods for the future are.

H&R Spacers.
Ktec Racing Carbon Fibre Spoiler End Plates.
Piper Sports Cat.
Toyo R888 Tyres.
Lamin-X Slight Smoke Tint to Headlights.
Carbon Fibre Diffuser.
Various Carbon Fibre Parts.
Samco Hoses.
Ktec Engine Mounts.

More updates will be coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
  LY 197 R27
Love this car, seen it on instragram. I really like the black wheels but couldn't decide the other week when I had mine powder coated so went for a dark grey lol. Keep up the good work !

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Update!

Just found out there is some minor issues with the suspension!
Looks like I need a bit of work to get her working at her best.
Found out there is knocking noise coming from the steering box or the shaft that runs to it!
Also a damper is leaking and my top mounts have started to give up the ghost! along with a bushing on the hub!

So to sort one problem and something I've wanted to do with it and now my hand is forced.
I've purchased a set of KW V3 Coilovers!

I'm also looking to get AST top mounts with this does anyone know if they will fit?

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Update

Just bought myself a set of KW adjustable Top Mounts to go with the coilovers.
Hopefully have them fitted soon along with some other bits and bobs.
I've just had a quick add up of what I've spent so far and it's a bit scary! And I havnt even touched the engine yet!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Modifying is an expensive game matt. Looking toward to seeing this once the kw's are on. Youll have to give your option on them compared to the h&r springs.

Whats these other "bits and bobs" you got?

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Got to get a few things changed as they have worn out.
Mainly the hub bearing on the RH side and get two wheels refurbed.
It's seems at the mo that this car is chewing through money like there is no tomorrow.
And I don't even drive the bloody thing that often!

On a lighter note I'm getting based at Wattisham in April so will be able to come to a lot more meets in the South East!

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Update.
Progress has been slow of late as I'm currently in the stages of moving my room from my German base to Wattisham.
The car has been in storage for the last few months and has not been run much. Hopefully that will change once I'm back to the UK.
I will be in a position to start coming to more meets, shows and fingers crossed more track days!

On another note. The top mounts have arrived!

8520003757_e615f01004_z.jpg

555360_10151506079735731_42212612_n by rafmatt1984, on Flickr

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Latest edition.
Managed to get some money back for ppi so got a bit of dosh to spend on the Clio.
bought myself some carbon fibre fins for the cup spoiler. And now I'm thinking what else to buy for it?
I don't want to go to crazy but has anyone got any ideas ?.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Update

Had to send the adjustable top mounts back as they don't fit the KW V3 suspension.
However I've bought some more goodies. Got some braided HEL brake lines and some carbon fibre spoiler tips.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Update

Much needed work carried out today.
Had my KW V3's fitted and my top mounts replaced along with my drivers side hub bearing.
Got the V3's set to a medium setting for now and set to about the same height as it was with the H&R springs.
Also ordered some new wheel bolts and fitted my carbon fibre spoiler tips

8666184758_d90a81dda3_c.jpg

8665082659_1fd6c8ed77_c.jpg

8666176556_a99c052bfb_c.jpg

8666153186_b7fd327753_c.jpg

8665047049_24df4d5e3a.jpg

8665044807_c0a7293414_c.jpg

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Not really had a chance to really try them out.
But they feel alot less harsher then the H&R springs were. I will find out I suppose what they are really like when I next do a track day.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Small amount of banging from the steering column area but that's something that is not to much of a issue.
also the brakes make banging noises every now and then. Will have to get them out and give the calipers and pads a check over.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Got some carbon fibre side spats to cover a couple of gashes in the seal from a incident with a pot hole that has also damaged my rear wheel! Bloody UK roads!

Hope to have them fitted for tomorrow's meet.
Also I'm looking into getting a carbon fibre version of the front splitter made.
Whilst my car was on the ramp I discovered something interesting about my exhaust.
Originally I thought my exhaust was only from the cat back with both the centre cat and silencer in place.
However when we had a look I discovered that the centre cat has been replaced with a straight through pipe!

Prob explains why it's a bit louder then other cars with that exhaust lol

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Update

After last weekends slightly damp Duxford.
I've focused my attention on fitting my braided HEL lines and also my headlight bulbs. We also replaced my wheel bolts which were starting to look tatty.
So I headed over to my mate Toms who has the best garage I've ever seen for tinkering with your cars.

9169146498_48ea3576f8_b.jpg

image by rafmatt1984, on Flickr

9169146272_d72867b919_b.jpg

I've stuck with the same brake fluid which is the motul RB660 racing brake fluid.
I'm currently waiting on my spacers to arrive.

Also my steering wheel is starting to peel at the top.
This is yet another job to add to the long list that seems to keep getting longer of things I want change or improve with this car.

Other then that I'm looking forward to more meets and FCS at the end of this month.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Update.

After lots of blood, sweat and tears and copious amount of swearing. I've managed to change a sidelight bulb.
Why Renault have made it so hard to make changing a bulb is beyond me! If it had blown whilst I was driving and was nite time I don't think I could change a bulb on the side of the road. But the lights look better with whiter lights and white sidelight bulbs.

Ive also fitted my H&R 25mm spacers and after a bit of adjustment on the KW V3's the initial rubbing which was occurring on bumps at certain speed has gone.I've now got a good fit and they look sweet!
I have also fitted my carbon fibre side spats which were bought to cover a couple of gashes on the sill caused by a pot hole!

9232025709_37e379b522_b.jpg

9232025567_1e4bc08e35_b.jpg

9232025457_c9ffb11716_b.jpg

9232025359_203d650d67_b.jpg

Next on the list is Rolling Road next Saturday and FCS.
Also got to touch up the paint on my wheels and fit new rear glass seals.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I will take few more pics tomorrow hopefully before I have to drive back to base. I don't think they are helicoils I didn't really look at them to closely to be honest lol.

Audi A5
Their not helicoils in the spacers, their steel inserts. They fit them as their even stronger than leaving the threads alloy. And also won't wear as easy as alloy threads will from removing and refitting.

Lovely car mate, would be interesting to here your thoughts on the H&R's vs the KV's. have you got any track days planned?

p.s thanks for the H&R springs.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Cheers for the positive comments guys.
The H&R's were good but with the KW's you can tune the settings to your requirements and the car feels a bit more planted on the road.
Have you fitted the springs yet Bobby?