ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for ideas...

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
I've got some money tucked away for my clio but am lacking ideas of what to spend it on... :S

My mods so far include:- Skoda Fabia RS Splitter, Cup Spoiler, 30mm Eibach springs, Mongoose Rear Box, De-Cat Pipe, KTR Panel Filter, Iridium Blue front indicators, Silvertec rear indicators, Colour coded engine cover and the Rear Seats removed.

I've thought about a BMC CDA but the standard box with a replacment panel is praised well, KTR or Tour De Force Chip and remap??
Or even a new brake set up??

I was hoping people would be able to give me some other ideas or recommend things that have worked for them?

Oooo and My clio is a '53 172 :cool:

Thanks for reading and any input would be appreciated :D

Trafic 140dci
Upgrade the brakes disc and pad wise, then do some track days.

Another vote for this, if you've got a panel filter that's good enough! As for brakes Brembo HC disks (don't get the max will eat pads quicker) Ferado DS2500 pads and some braided brake lines :) Make sure you use some decent brake fluid too :)

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Brakes are on the shopping list and a BMC CDA has just been purchased, then its a booking a Tour De Force for a chip/remap :D

Last edited:
  Trafic 140dci
Brakes are on the shopping list and a BMC CDA has just been purchased, then its a booking a Tour De Force for a chip/remap :D

BMC CDA aren't all they are cracked up to be, a ph1 or v6 air box would of been better, if you could relocate your battery to the boot you could mount the airbox directly to the throttle body and that is the best induction setup as used by Cup Race cars ;)

Also Matt at TDF is the bloke for mapping :)

53 Clio's & counting
Decent tyres, (road tyres as it's more fun having some slip ;) ) some Brembo HC discs, decent pads (mintex 1155/ds2500 etc) new brake fluid, and some eibachs if you want it a little stiffer

i would vote for an exhaust change mind, no performance increase but it will sound better to you

rest of the money on track days :)

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
BMC CDA aren't all they are cracked up to be, a ph1 or v6 air box would of been better, if you could relocate your battery to the boot you could mount the airbox directly to the throttle body and that is the best induction setup as used by Cup Race cars ;)

Also Matt at TDF is the bloke for mapping :)

Ive been in contact with Matt this morning and he agreed a stock box with uprated filter may be the best bet but would be willing to run both on the dyno to see what gives the best results.

i would vote for an exhaust change mind, no performance increase but it will sound better to you

I like the note of my rear box, sounds good imo... the only thing I'd change it for would be a K-tec SuperSport Recessed Exhaust.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
First thing I'd do is space your numberplate properly. I'd say what everyone else has, better brakes and a few trackdays.

PH2 172
What about upgrading the engine and gearbox mounts? Then maybe some solid top mounts and putting some powerflex bushes on too? Not exactly exciting but im sure it'll stiffen the front end up.

Trafic 140dci
Hadn't really thought about doing that, I'll look into that after the brakes are done.
If your engine mounts are in good condition there is no real need to, although a powerflex dog-bone mount wouldn't be a bad move and it's a very cheap upgrade, the other engine mounts your looking around £200 for the pair iirc, but like i said there is no major need too.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
If your engine mounts are in good condition there is no real need to, although a powerflex dog-bone mount wouldn't be a bad move and it's a very cheap upgrade, the other engine mounts your looking around £200 for the pair iirc, but like i said there is no major need too.

How much is the dog bone mount?? is that direct from powerflex?