ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Long Brake Pedal after track day

Clio 182 FF
Hi Guys

Had two 30min sessions today at silverstone. Now the brake pedal is nearly on the floor before anything happens.

Is this likely to be boiled fluid cant see any scoring etc to the discs? The car has relatively new front brembo HC discs and pads (about 4-6k ago) and ATE superblue around similar time.

Clio 182 FF
Standard lines, I'll order some motul stuff (easy to confirm changed fluid then!) and check pads at the time

Clio 182 FF
Bought some motul RBF 660 (only 500ml though stupidly!) bled the calipers but still a long pedal. Took the pads out and found this!

15497748779_3a7b8dc081_c.png
Untitled by rbaldry86, on Flickr

Disc looks ok though!

15064249393_48049d2b00_c.jpg
Untitled by rbaldry86, on Flickr

Going to order 2 more bottles of RBF 660 and some carbon lorraine RC5+ pads to fit next weekend

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I assume the pads are just standard road pads?
I had the same problem when I did my first trackday in my Megane, thought I had boiled the fluid so got that changed and it was still the same so changed the pads and it was back to normal.

Clio 182 FF
Yeah just OEM replacement brembo pads.

The fluid looked ok that was flushed (does ATE superblue change colour when its knackered?) but ill flush it all anyway just to be sure as it had been in there for 2 years anyway.