ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lightening Strike = Dead PC

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
House got Struck on Saturday and my PC seems to have bought it :(

Can see a Green LED on in the back of the PC which suggests that the Powersupply is still working, but the Power on button has no life when pressed and there is No sound from the Hard drive :(

So I now need to look for a new PC (Which is difficult when I dont understand them!)

What is the current "Average Spec" Processor?

I am looking at this - Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E7400 processor (2.8GHz, 1066MHz, 3MB cache) Is it ok?

Memory, again what is the current "Average Spec"?

I am looking at - 3072MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [3x1024] Is this ok?

The PC is used for Pretty much everything except Gaming. Mainly for the internetz, Photos, Music downloads etc.

Want to stick to a Dell PC as the past 2 I have had have been faultless and the tech support is very good and Budget of about £500 (Dont need a Monitor etc really just the PC.)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
that spec sounds fine, 3g of ram is good. proc is good. just make sure the hdd it comes with has enough space for you

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
that spec sounds fine, 3g of ram is good. proc is good. just make sure the hdd it comes with has enough space for you

Hard drive wise I am looking at about 600 gig internal as I have a Terra Bite external already that thankfully had all my Photos and Music Backed up on.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I'd switch insurers if they require you to purchase goods out of your own pocket before settling claims.

Co-Op FTL TBH

Looks like the above is ok then, time to get the card out and order, Comes with a 20" widescreen LCD Monitor as well so thats a Bonus.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Belkin Surge Protector?

If so most of them have lightening cover up to a certain amount....
(Unless your pc had the spike come thru something else, telephone line, antenna...etc)

ALSO, will your house insurance cover you? A lot of companies dont cover lightening as it comes under "act of god".

Worth checking.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Belkin Surge Protector?

If so most of them have lightening cover up to a certain amount....
(Unless your pc had the spike come thru something else, telephone line, antenna...etc)

ALSO, will your house insurance cover you? A lot of companies dont cover lightening as it comes under "act of god".

Worth checking.

No Not a Belkin one, No Idea what make.

As for Insurance I hope they will..... they did last time the house was Hit and it took out the TV, We just had to go and buy one and present them the invoice.

I guess either way its gotta be repalced so it will either be out of my pocket or the insurance