ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking/tapping after camber bolt fitting (i think)

RB Clio 182
Hi, i fitted my front camber bolts the other day, now im not sure if its in my head or not, but im sure i can hear a slight knocking when i drive over un even road surface (harsh apex springs) since i have fitted the bolts.

I am not 100% sure, it might just be me paranoid, but can adding negative camber to the front cause any type of knocking/tapping as everything was perfect before?

I was getting scraping on the fronts before i added the camber, i am lowered 40mm on apex springs with 20mm spacers running et27 rims and 205 45 16 tyres.

If its not just in my head (listen for noises constantly) could it be something like the tyre clipping the arch liner? Or could it have raised the top struts slightly so they tap on the underside of the bonnet? I have DAN@MAD aluminium strut top covers and they do slightly catch sometimes where the bonnet catch is, could this have made this worse somehow?

All the bolts have been torqued up to the correct settings etc, and my wheel bolts are all torqued up.

This could be in my head, but i am just wondering if fitting front camber bolts could make something adjust enough to knock?

I had all for wheels laser aligned about 6 months a go, and i am going to get them done again in the next few weeks.

Thanks for any help.

LY FF182
You might have shortened the cv joints so there's no more movement casing the joints to knock. (Negative camber will move the hub closer to the gearbox so less room for the shaft. how much camber have you put on?

RB Clio 182
You might have shortened the cv joints so there's no more movement casing the joints to knock. (Negative camber will move the hub closer to the gearbox so less room for the shaft. how much camber have you put on?

Ahh right thanks mate, i put 1.75 degrees on them.

Ill have a ganders tomorrow after work, it was too dark to look tonight.

RB Clio 182
Any pictures of the front with the camber now?

Ill get some up when i wash the car mate, its minging!

Im still waiting on my bluddy rear shims too, i was going to get pics of the fronts and rears together.

Might need to be realigned at a guess, either that or turn your music up a tad so you can't hear it lol

im not sure if there is actually a noise there, but because ive fitted something new i automatically think there is, the springs are crashy so that doesnt help.

Ill be getting the wheels aligned shortly :)

Im not sure if there is actually a noise there, but because ive fitted something new i automatically think there is, the springs are crashy so that doesnt help.

Ill be getting the wheels aligned shortly :)

Know how you feel, I'm the same with mine! Heard a rattle this morning, turns out I left some tools in the door pocket ;-)