ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise, matches the car speed

Started after climbing a kerb, very slowly from a stop, with the rear right wheel. It was very gentle although the kerb was high (~15cm).
Got back to the car and noticed slight knocking feeling in the steering wheel. Then it became a slightly audible noise, and got louder the more I drive. Now it's very loud.
At first I felt it only when steering slightly to the left. Now it's always there.
The knocking gets faster\slower according to the car speed. Most noticeable when off-throttle, I also think it stops at full throttle. Disengaging the clutch doesn't stop it, but engaging the clutch makes a loud knock. Gets louder on certain steering angles, and maybe even stops on some angles.
What could this be ?

Last edited:
btw the noise seems to be coming from under the steering wheel... I also get those knocks when playing with the throttle at first gear (kangarooing).