ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key help please

Clio 172 gocart :)
Hi all,
Some robbing b@stards burgled our house on Friday. Took nothing except my mrs' car and the keys to my clio, think they were after my other car which we were out in. The Di7k heads didn't even check the front of the house to see if the car they wanted was there, idiots. If anyone knows who they are, please ask them to call back while i'm in. I have a present for them, a bit like a spa day, a nice relaxing lie down in a wooden box. My ebay watch list now contains a taser, thumb screws and a diy human centipede kit. I'm sure the insurance will sort out the mrs' car, the house insurance is replacing the damage made and we have tidied the house after they trashed every room, my daughter still at a friends as shes too scared to come home, how fvcked up is that? Bought a couple of trackers and having cameras put on the house and had extra bolts on the back doors. I managed to get into the bonnet and remove the battery on the clio so if they come back they cant just drive it away.

Anyway my issue is.......... I have no keys for boot, petrol cap, doors, ignition barrel and the immobiliser will not be turned off without the key? I can replace the locks from a scrap car but what about the immobiliser? Is there an easier solution that I am missing? Could the log book be taken to Renault and a new key programmed? Also does anyone have a full set of locks and two keys for sale?
Thanks
Ste

Ex 182 owner
Not sure but keys can 100% be order from renault thru the vin. And come with the correct blade. They then get syncd to the car and I believe and any old keys not present at this stage are no longer any use.

You can swap from as scrapped car but I "think" you also need to swap the uch and the ecu which gets messy.

Thanks for the replies, I will take the log book to Renault tomorrow. The other car is a silver golf @Typhoon. Not as much fun as my 172 :)

172 Turbo
Renault order the keys from France, programmed for the car. You'll just need to get it cut for the car.

Bill is around £90 each key

bought a set of locks keys and ecu from eBay. Fixed!
thanks all :)
Tip
throw the haynes in the bin.
If anyone has this issue in the future I'm no expert but can run through how I did it. Give me a shout.