ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jacking Point, (Sill)

Not got a car
One of my jacking points is now completely crushed, It was all bent and I straightend it out, Now after using it to put it on axel stands is s**tted.

Is it possible to fix it, Fix some sort of plate or something?

I've bought a trolley jack but i have 2 problems

1: when jacking it just slips off the chassis bar underneith becuase there is some sort of sticky rubber s**te under the car. So every pump up it just slides a little closer to coming off.

2: i get the car up just so the wheel is about 1mm from lifting and the jack stops, It gets really hard.

The standard scissor jace is so easy and so east just to get on the sill.

I want it fixed :dapprove:

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
dont do it on the sill itself, i kno someone will say its the correct way etc but its not in a way as it damages the sills, im now in the proccess of bending the f*****s back, and its takes alot of time..

under the car is like a long strip you cant miss it, use that to jack the car up, go closer to the front and theres like 2trays, i use one of them if i dont feel safe :)

under the car is like a long strip you cant miss it, use that to jack the car up, go closer to the front and theres like 2trays, i use one of them if i dont feel safe :)[/quote]
+1 !!!!!!

if you want to use axle stands under the sills you need to use appropriate blocks of wood with grooves cut in them to locate the sill lip

it's probably just grease/oil on the chassis rails - could degrease it and use a block of wood under the trolley jack cup; shouldn't slip providing you're careful

tbh, it's easiest and safest to put the stands under the triangular subframe braces (under a small block of wood); at the back, jack in the middle of the beam and put stands either side of the beam

Not got a car
thats the strip i use but like i said it just slips off with every pump of the jack theres some stick sealent s**te under there.

I bought a trolley jack to use it like you say.

The whole uderneith is covered in this waxy sealevt stuff.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
most probably its underseal to prevent rust happening..

try and use the tray i mentioned in the front, cant miss them as their only attatched to the subframe, they wont slip off there as theres like around angle were the jack could sit in

Not got a car
ok will take alook tar,

2nd why would make jack get harder to pump the higher it gets its only about half way

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
hmm a new jack shouldnt do that, maybe the hydralic inside is nakerd not to sure,

were abouts did you get the jack?

Evo 8 MR
It gets harder because it's under more pressure maybe?

I usually jack it up on the sill then place axle stands under that rail type thing that's been mentioned then remove the jack and place the wheel there.

TT 225
it says in the manual i got with mine that it may become spongy due to air being trapped or it might need greasing. check your manual if it came with one. Same and jay low i use the triangular tray he talks of.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Always jack mine up where the subframe meets the shell.

Renault Sills are made of cheese.