ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is there anyone?

Clio 1.2
Hey guys I've been car shopping and looking to upgrade from my 1.2 and the insurance on the 172 is appauling. I am 19 with 1 year NCB and it's still shocking.

Anyone around my age who has managed to get insured?

Hey guys I've been car shopping and looking to upgrade from my 1.2 and the insurance on the 172 is appauling. I am 19 with 1 year NCB and it's still shocking.

Anyone can get insured but at a cost obviously. It's all part of being in that high risk category and throwing a 2.0 car into the mix, insurers will rub their hands together.

Been there and done it. Had a 106 gti when I was 18 and boy did i pay through the nose for insurance. Worth it though when your peers are driving around in a 1.2 corsa lol

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I saw a young lad in a beaten up old Rover 75 today, he's probably paying a fraction of what it cost to insure at 172 at his age,
not many young lads will be claiming on flipping those upside down in ditches as Clio's,
any hot hatch is going to cost you a fortune until you're over 25.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I saw a young lad in a beaten up old Rover 75 today, he's probably paying a fraction of what it cost to insure at 172 at his age,
not many young lads will be claiming on flipping those upside down in ditches as Clio's,
any hot hatch is going to cost you a fortune until you're over 25.
Outside the box car is a rover 75. My daily, so can't use my no claims on it and its still cheaper to insure that any toy with my no claims on lol.

BG Clio 182

I'm 19 with 1 years NCB, have a 182.

Declared all mods including the exhaust, lowering springs and the induction kit.

Car cost me about £900 to insure fully comp. Parked on a drive not in a garage and 100% honesty. Didn't think was too bad as it cost me 1900 to insure my works 1.6 57 plate automatic focus the previous year! And this year I got them both insured for 1600 ;).

Little tip is to get anyone of over 30 insured on it as named drivers such as parents as mine brought it down a lot just for the convenience! Doesn't hurt! And try elephant or admiral. Cheapest by far for me!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm 19 with 1 years NCB, have a 182.

Declared all mods including the exhaust, lowering springs and the induction kit.

Car cost me about £900 to insure fully comp. Parked on a drive not in a garage and 100% honesty. Didn't think was too bad as it cost me 1900 to insure my works 1.6 57 plate automatic focus the previous year! And this year I got them both insured for 1600 ;).

Little tip is to get anyone of over 30 insured on it as named drivers such as parents as mine brought it down a lot just for the convenience! Doesn't hurt! And try elephant or admiral. Cheapest by far for me!
Out of interest, how much did admiral skin you for declaring a bunch of mods?