ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is my phone broke?

none :(
Quick question…..When trying to charge my phone, it wont always recognise there is a charger connected, then when it does it constantly vibrates while charging, ive tried the charger on my missus’ phone and it charges right away.Also when I have the music playing through the speaker, its really quiet, you can hardly hear anything, my apps take ages to load and finally itunes wont recognise when my iphone is connected, it takes ages to sync when it finally does recongise it though. Also my missus managed to update her phone the other day (latest itunes, something else and icloud) when I connect my phone it wont give me this option unless im missing something (my phone is a 3g)Is my phone fucked, im due an upgrade in 2 months time, so I don’t really wanna pay an excess to have a new 3g but I would upgrade in 2 months time anyway, so do you think I could upgrade early, or would you pay the excess and have a new phone for 2 months, or would you just stick it out and wait to upgrade.Im on o2 if that makes any difference

please excuse the fact there are no paragraphs, it was copied from word doc as im at work and i can write an essay on a car forum, therefore had to write it in a word doc lol

Listerine & Poledo
what phone fella?

EDIT: Sorry, obviously an iPhone.

Sounds like potential liquid damage (condensation, using it in the rain (we all do it!).

If you can live without apps n junk for 2 months, pick up a cheap pre-pay (which'll cost less than your excess, probably) then upgrade at the usual time.

o2 used to entertain advance upgrades, but not at the moment, which is annoying in your case.

It's over 3 years old. Upgrade. Lol.

But in the mean time, is it an official cable/charger? Have you tried restoring it?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Dock connector or usb is damaged. You can swap them out.

As for the other issues, it's because it's ancient.

im using the standard charge i got with the phone, my missus also uses my charger and she doesnt have any problems connecting to itunes or charging her phone.

Listerine & Poledo
well, in that case it is either

1) a duff connector..... usually from being ham-fisted with cables before.
2) water damage.... the slightest bit of moisture and any modern handset will spit the dummy. Depending on model and where the ingress happened, this can manifest itself in various ways and then spread to other areas... all said and done, it's rust.

1) can be fixed easily
2) can be fixed, but not easily.

is that the reason why it wont let me download the latest update then, it doesnt even give me the option to do this, when my missus popped her iphone 4 in, it popped up straight away, but for me, nothing.

An orange one
my mate bought my old 3g off me in july 2010 when i got the 4, he still has it now and MY GOD its unbelievably slow!!! like, so slow i couldnt use it without throwing it at the wall after 2 minutes!

Listerine & Poledo
Just sell the damn thing to Mazooma and buy a normal phone.

live with it for 2 months then upgrade