ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone with new laptop

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Old laptop broke, got a new one today. Connected the iPhone to the laptop (after dl'ing itunes) and I can't seem to access any of my music (ie can't delete songs off the phone etc). Any solutions?

All the music will be on the iPhone and I'm guessing not the laptop? If you sync them, it will delete it all.

You'll need an extra program if you want to transfer the songs from your iPhone to your laptop. All your paid songs/apps you'll be able to re-download for free.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
So I can only use the iPhone with one laptop at a time without deleting everything, then have to mess about re-downloading everything??

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I have an external hard drive if you want to transfer mp3s etc?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
how do i download other music i have downloaded from my old computer to my laptop from itunes?

Cupra
lol - I am yet to plug my ipod in to our new computer, but I am indeed going to have the exact same issue!

Nope, there is a way around it. Google "sync iPhone with two computers" and there are quite a few guides telling you how to do it. You just need access to two iTunes config files from the old pc. I did it when I installed windows 7 and it was simple enough.

Cupra
Haha. I did have a reading fail so could have been directed at either of us...although not with that sneeky edit.