ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 7

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Seriously considering slipping this generation.

Went in to speak to someone in EE today and they were about as helpful as a brick. It was quite a basic question I was asking as well... maybe someone knows here? Want to know if I change from a 'normal' contract deal to SIM only in September (when mine runs out) will that be a continuation of my contract or is it like stopping one and starting another?

Reason is I have free broadband for life and have been previously told if I 'leave' then come back again I'll lose that...

SQ5
The only thing I can fault with mine is that I've done the 500 charges so battery is starting to drain quicker

320d M Sport
I don't get how Apple are so far behind with the waterproofing? Sooner or later that's gonna become a standard feature, seems like they're dragging their heels with it?

They need to sack off the 16g model, wish I'd gone for a 32g last time.

I just wanna see something innovative [emoji53] even if it's a decent software tweak

Reactions: Ben
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
I don't get how Apple are so far behind with the waterproofing? Sooner or later that's gonna become a standard feature, seems like they're dragging their heels with it?

They need to sack off the 16g model, wish I'd gone for a 32g last time.

I just wanna see something innovative [emoji53] even if it's a decent software tweak
Biggest model everytime. It's never enough though.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
The only thing I can fault with mine is that I've done the 500 charges so battery is starting to drain quicker

683 here... it's absolutely fucked! I know Pokemon Go's a big drain but it literally drains about 4% per minute lol.

Anyway, I'm keeping it :eek:penmouth: gone SIM free whilst I wait for the 'Anniversary' iPhone.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I just get my battery replaced after a year now, it's only £60 quid.
Well except this year I got it for free but still.

Abarth 595
Had my iPhone 5 since launch and it gets charged once or twice a day. must be approx 2500 charges.

I don't mate. The 6 is one of the best looking phones ever made. Why anyone would put it in a case if they didn't have to is beyond me.

It is, but I can't belive how closely designed the Samsung S6 is! Misses has the iphone, I have the Samsung. Out of the case they are so similar other then the Samsung having a bigger screen and better camera.

I was hoping the 7 might bring something new for me to try Apple again, but not sure it will.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Really need some news on this, as my contract runs out end of September. Don't know whether to just do a sim only contract or upgrade to this if it's even being released.

My contract is £50pm so don't want to just let it roll over for no reason.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Really need some news on this, as my contract runs out end of September. Don't know whether to just do a sim only contract or upgrade to this if it's even being released.

My contract is £50pm so don't want to just let it roll over for no reason.
as in the contract roll over and auto-renew?

Abarth 595
I think it becomes a month by month contract. But as my phone will be paid for, i'll be paying £50 for just data, minutes and texts, which is a lot!

Just ring your network and they will knock the price down to whatever SIM only deal matches your current minutes etc.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Go to sim-only payg type thing, sometimes it's worth switching to Giff Gaff for a couple of months till you decide what to do.

Switching networks is super easy these days.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just got a decent deal with Vodafone I think (my current provider). Went from £49.50 12GB, Skysports, unlit texts/calls, iPhone 6 over 2yrs, to Sim only contract, £19.20, 14GB, unlim texts/calls, sky sports, and 2 months bill free, and 20% student discount, so total will be around £15 per month.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Yep that's decent. Do you really use anywhere near 14GB though??

I regularly went over 10GB, so they gave me 2GB extra, but this month I only had 3GB left with 13 days to go, so i'm sure the extra 2Gb will be useful. I listen to soundcloud a lot whilst driving and a certain part of my gym doesnt have wifi, so gets used a lot there.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
on another note I saw BT are starting to offer decent mobile deals for their internet customers.

They bought EE very recently so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some stonking deals announced in the next few months to draw people in.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Shame Vodafone don't work anywhere I go, they have some good contracts.

DB.

BMW 440i
I had the 6 at launch when I bought handset only and a sim only contract, if it's worth buying I'll buy it outright again although I'm a bit skeptical at the moment and can see myself skipping it for the first time!

Especially as rumours seems to be suggesting it could go to an iPhone 8 this year to buck the trend.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
image.png
483 for me, not bad!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Just get a new battery fitted. £59 at Apple and you will have a brand new battery so the phone will be as good as when you first got it. Pretty good value considering the PITA a s**t battery is.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Battery was dead easy on the older phones!

I'd never do it again though cos no idea if the batteries are genuine or not.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
£59 ain't bad to be fair.

Anyone else managed a very bad yet :p

B600947B-0D53-44FE-A4C1-15D9E6A2959C_zps3pamyekx.png

It's bullshit though, because you can do the test 3 times throughout the day and it'll give a different result each time.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
As it happens.

I had my 5S battery done last week, giving the phone to my Mum so figured it'd be nice to have a fresh battery since I don't think it lasts very well, it also does that thing where it turns off at 20% and won't turn back on without a charger. Apple tested my phone and said it's at 86% and they wouldn't actually recommend a change. Done 2 charges since and it does seem a lot better.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL @ that Battery Life app. My wear level on my iPhone 6 is 76% and it suggests I replace the battery NOW. It really is absolutely appalling drain. I have to charge it almost 3 times a day :confounded:

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
What time is this tonight? The usual 6pm?

Also is anyone able to post the live stream links?