ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 7

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
FLOL what the f**k is that example about? It doesn't even make sense FFS.

How can you be accurate when Apple told me otherwise?

Apple guarantee their own products regards of who the supplier is. This isn't something I've just made up, I was told this over the phone by Apple themselves.

Apple only guarantees them after the initial period of replacement has ended with whatever company (EE for example is 30 days)

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Apple only guarantees them after the initial period of replacement has ended with whatever company (EE for example is 30 days)

Quite possibly mate.

When I spoke with them I was told they would replace my iPad in store within the 14 day purchase period providing it was faulty. As Mark mentioned, they're probably not legally obliged to but will in most cases. The alternative is to wait until the 14 (30???) days are up.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
After the initial replacement period (14 days etc) Apple are actually a little bit different in that all repairs/replacements go back to them irregardless of where they came from.

It was a nightmare when I worked in Currys because they would only deal direct with the customer and some people would point blank refuse to talk to them.

That isn't quite true. I'm off to the pub shortly, so CBA to go into the ins and outs, but most goes back to Apple, some don't.

Apple's supply chain is incredibly convoluted.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Quite possibly mate.

When I spoke with them I was told they would replace my iPad in store within the 14 day purchase period providing it was faulty. As Mark mentioned, they're probably not legally obliged to but will in most cases. The alternative is to wait until the 14 (30???) days are up.

Pretty much if the place you bought it from can't get it replaced before then. (Rules changed to 30 days in 2015)

Apple are very good if you ask them to replace/fix stuff even out of warrenty hence why I don't mind spending the extra on there products.
I think usually apple would have replaced the phone for Deekay, but obviously so soon after launch they will be short on stock.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Pretty much if the place you bought it from can't get it replaced before then. (Rules changed to 30 days in 2015)

Apple are very good if you ask them to replace/fix stuff even out of warrenty hence why I don't mind spending the extra on there products.
I think usually apple would have replaced the phone for Deekay, but obviously so soon after launch they will be short on stock.

Exactly mate. I also can't seeing you getting far if you walked in with an attitude either (not suggesting DeeKay walked in with a face like a smacked arse). I was in the Apple shop last weekend, it was rammed. I didn't envy the staff.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
That isn't quite true. I'm off to the pub shortly, so CBA to go into the ins and outs, but most goes back to Apple, some don't.

Apple's supply chain is incredibly convoluted.

Oh I know just didn't want to start confusing people, the whole system was a nightmare to deal with especially when you mixed in about 3 different computer systems you had to navigate.

DB.

BMW 440i
Played on my mates 7 today and compared to my 6 as I've still bee umming and arring about whether or not to get a 7.
It was very underwhelming.
  • The main camera picture didn't look much different
  • The selfie camera was much better.
  • Marginally quicker
  • Everything else seemed the same & was more iOS10 related
  • Missing Aux
  • Added safety of waterproof.
Definitely doesn't seem worth upgrading for. Going to wait for next year.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I think some points are being overlooked here...

Firstly. I was mega polite when I walked in.

Second - Apple support on the phone TOLD ME to go to the Apple Store for a replacement. They're the ones who sent me there in the first place knowing full well that it arrived from EE. They told me Apple will replace it if they had stock.

Finally: the Apple Store was not losing out on retail stock, as the manager confirmed they had "replacement" non retail phones in stock that they could have used to exchange for my defective phone.

It's not as if I walked in there and demanded a phone, Apple support told me to go. Then the Apple Store employees told me on 3 separate occasions that they have stock and will replace it, and made me wait a total of over 2 hours.

I'm not being stupid and saying "they have to replace it omg I'm going to kill someone", I'm basically saying I did what Apple told me to do, and then they totally bent me over and tried to make a sale in the process! It was totally rubbish customer service and seriously just lacked and common sense!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Ok so like I said (above) my iPhone 7 plus arrived and was defective. I went to the Apple Store and here's what happened!

Yeah, I am the "fanboy" in this story! Lol!

Enjoy!

Should of just cancelled your contract since your within the 14 days and bought one at Apple.

White APE
Is anyone else having their phone crash a lot? I keep getting lots of crashes when In apps. This is on a 6.

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Is anyone else having their phone crash a lot? I keep getting lots of crashes when In apps. This is on a 6.

Is your phone doing this?

39e201bdff0676cb257ce2994987ad36.jpg

White APE
Nope. For example I could be reading this thread then the screen goes either black or white for about 5-10secs then go back to my home screen.

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Nope. For example I could be reading this thread then the screen goes either black or white for about 5-10secs then go back to my home screen.

I've randomly experienced the above since upgrading to iOS 10 on both my old 6 and now my 7. This only does it for a few seconds too then taken back to lock screen asking for my pin.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Apple wouldn't have only charged me £30 for a 128Gb black 7plus though would they lol!
I do agree with you, it is bad customer service, to be led to believe it could be done, y9yd have thought they'd have made an exception.

But I can also see it from the stores pov. You bought it from someone else, they get the profit, why should the store lose out. You say they aren't retail units, but I don't believe they, it'll all be the same stock, if they put some aside then that'll be to help out 'their' customers, the ones that spend £800 with them as a store, for their retail figures.

It's not good customer service but I can see why they would make that decision, especially when these phones are on weeks to months of lead time. To sell a retail unit to you makes them a LOT more profit than the handset they sold yo the provider who then sold it to you.

I'd be upset though, they shouldn't have misled you, and if Apple phone support said they would do it, I'd have rung them while instore to then ask them to speak to the store in your behalf.

dk

911 GTS Cab
No issues here on iOS 10, have you updated to 10.0.2?

Also have you tried removing the apps and downloading them again?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Played on my mates 7 today and compared to my 6 as I've still bee umming and arring about whether or not to get a 7.
It was very underwhelming.
  • The main camera picture didn't look much different
  • The selfie camera was much better.
  • Marginally quicker
  • Everything else seemed the same & was more iOS10 related
  • Missing Aux
  • Added safety of waterproof.
Definitely doesn't seem worth upgrading for. Going to wait for next year.
Have you viewed the pictures on a large screen rather than the phone screen itself?

From a 6 to a 7 plus is night and day, especially inside, massive difference, and much quicker too. I hadn't even noticed the headphone socket was missing until you said........

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The App Store is buggy as hell, do some searches for stuff and come in and out of it and it starts over drawing the status bar and you can't scroll through stuff.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I thought you were an android buff snoop?

Yeah, decided to come back.

iOS 6 was utter garbage and part of the reason I moved and the other reason (and main one) was apples insistence that people didn't want bigger phones.....

Roll forward to now, Scott Forstall was fired (yay!) and they make big phones.....and FINALLY you can delete the crap stock apps that you never use.

Still waiting for the new MacBook pros to be released and the company will purchase one for me, my late 2010 MBP is now showing its age, but I tend to run them into the ground. Previously I used a PowerPC based PowerBook and (apart from some desktops) they've been my main machines for 12 odd years, not bad going.

DB.

BMW 440i
Have you viewed the pictures on a large screen rather than the phone screen itself?

From a 6 to a 7 plus is night and day, especially inside, massive difference, and much quicker too. I hadn't even noticed the headphone socket was missing until you said........

Nope - This was on the screen, I thought the screen/picture/pixel quality was going to be a bit more noticeable. I'll have to send one from him to me and I'll compare on the 27" iMac.

Going to go into Apple this week and see if a Plus tempts me or if it's too big for my little hands.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm getting used to mine tbh, it was massive at first, but it doesn't feel so big now, still more likely to drop it using it one-handed, but I'm mostly using my watch instead of constantly getting it out of my pocket do that limits it's exposure. Really impressed with the camera so far though, it's worth it for that alone I think, plus it's a higher res screen too.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'm getting used to mine tbh, it was massive at first, but it doesn't feel so big now, still more likely to drop it using it one-handed, but I'm mostly using my watch instead of constantly getting it out of my pocket do that limits it's exposure. Really impressed with the camera so far though, it's worth it for that alone I think, plus it's a higher res screen too.

Even with the small phones I always used them two handed because it's just easier and quicker to do stuff, then again I do have stupidly long fingers so the smaller devices I actually had trouble holding comfortably anyway.

I haven't tried the camera yet!

I'll also admit, I thought the watch was horrific when it first came out, I thought it was something to be embarrassed about wearing, I thought it wasn't particularly pretty and the shape was wrong.

However, having seen people warning them they just look like a watch and the square screen is absolutely the best shape for a device of this kind, a circular screen limits how useful the device actually is because large portions of the area are unusable.

So I bought an S2 watch - aluminium space grey and a 12 quid Milanese strap from amazon which matches the colour of the watch seeing as apple don't actually sell one which matches. I have tried the apple one on and couldn't tell you the difference between the £200 quid one and my £12 one.

Yeah, it actually very handy for just checking what notification came in when your phone is in your pocket.

I still f**king cringe when I hear Jonny Ive doing a voice over for a video, design genius he may be but he's got about as much charisma and personality as breeze block.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I need a new phone now my 6 has stopped working, struggling to decide if the 7+ is worth the premium over the 6+

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Shite phone scratched my screen already! never had a screen protector on any of my previous iphones and never got a scratch on them but nope this one has got one already!!! :rage::rage::rage:

Z4
Anyone got a jet black plus? How are you finding them?

I think I may cave in, detest my HTC now!

The only issue is the scratching but I assume a case would eliminate this?

With the 'iphone upgrade programme' I'm not bothered about the applecare tbh, so providing the iphone 8 is worth upgrading for I'd sell the phone, and pay the amount off in full. Is there a charge for this? I'm assuming not?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Get a bit of grit in between the case and the phone and it'll scratch. I originally ordered 2 JB but changed them for the Matt black after seeing photos of them and seeing them in store. (Covered in those "microabrasions").

I suspect that the resale price next year on the Jet blacks from this year will be lower than other models because they will all have at the very least micro abrasions on them.

Z4
I hear what you're saying.
I'm still tempted though haha.

Apparently 'slick wraps' could be the solution to that. Naked, obviously.
And I guess for even more protection, pop it in a case too?