ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 7

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
I'm coming from a 6 normal...

Yeah I will be heavier then! What do you think of it size wise compared to your 6? Took me a few days to get used to the bigger sized phone.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I get the odd phantom vibrate on iOS 10 too. No idea what's causing it. On a 6S.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yeah I will be heavier then! What do you think of it size wise compared to your 6? Took me a few days to get used to the bigger sized phone.
well it feels a bit big at the moment, but so did all the previous ones until i'd got used to them, i wont really know until i've used it for work for a day, liking it so far though, very fast, i like 3d touch, the camera is immense, absolutely love the optical zoom lens, especially for videos, such good quality, and that was inside, in daylight it will be awesome!

Check at 6am everyday there were loads of 7's and 7 plus's this morning (on the apple upgrade program), You can change how you pay for it when you collect.

I reserved a 7 plus black 256gb for this morning but cba with the drive to the store.

Reserved a 7 256gb to a closer store as thinking of taking this 128gb back. It's half full already :smile:

Tesla MP3 2021
Finally got my Plus 32Gb in Black today, ordered on the 9th before 9am. Loads on the O2 forum still kicking off as the higher capacity models haven't come in. O2's communication and general service on this issue has been appalling.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still waiting on Giffgaff getting some iPhone 7 Plus stock in, iPhone 7 keeps appearing and disappearing but i've not seen any plus models in since launch.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
10pm tonight, select for pickup. New stock becomes available to buy online and pick up at a store.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
well it feels a bit big at the moment, but so did all the previous ones until i'd got used to them, i wont really know until i've used it for work for a day, liking it so far though, very fast, i like 3d touch, the camera is immense, absolutely love the optical zoom lens, especially for videos, such good quality, and that was inside, in daylight it will be awesome!
Aslong as you're not moving the OIS will be fine! ;)

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else got a bug with iMessage that when you're type a long message / sending multiple dick pics, you can't scroll back up through the conversation.

Bit annoying / boner killer.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Just looked out of curiosity. Only the little one is available.

Try again tonight, Wednesday night there was loads of stock added (No Jet Black, but that looks crap in the flesh anyway) and there was good availability for 20+ minutes on most models across the country.

There's a bit of a glitch that I noticed on their site which will speed things up, from about 9:55pm make sure you're logged in and add the phone to your cart and select store pickup, you won't be able to select the store you want thought as it will be showing no availability....

From about Copy and paste the store postcode into the box and hit the select button, the list on the right hand side will say "unavailable" but keep pressing select and hopefully you'll see the button on the right under the map become available, you can now add it to your cart.

But, it will still show as unavailable in your cart, from 10pm keep doing cmd-R or F5 to refresh your cart, after the stock goes live you will already have the phone in your cart and you can just keep pressing next till it's paid for.

Seems to be a bit of a glitch that as they add stock into the system, it randomly because selectable for pickup but is not available to buy until they flick the "go live" button. Just gives you a bit of a head start.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Try again tonight, Wednesday night there was loads of stock added (No Jet Black, but that looks crap in the flesh anyway) and there was good availability for 20+ minutes on most models across the country.

There's a bit of a glitch that I noticed on their site which will speed things up, from about 9:55pm make sure you're logged in and add the phone to your cart and select store pickup, you won't be able to select the store you want thought as it will be showing no availability....

From about Copy and paste the store postcode into the box and hit the select button, the list on the right hand side will say "unavailable" but keep pressing select and hopefully you'll see the button on the right under the map become available, you can now add it to your cart.

But, it will still show as unavailable in your cart, from 10pm keep doing cmd-R or F5 to refresh your cart, after the stock goes live you will already have the phone in your cart and you can just keep pressing next till it's paid for.

Seems to be a bit of a glitch that as they add stock into the system, it randomly because selectable for pickup but is not available to buy until they flick the "go live" button. Just gives you a bit of a head start.

Lol. Good work.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Lol. Good work.
Brain is not working today, some of the above was gibberish, but hopefully people get the drift - basically it allows you to have the phone you want in your cart from the store you want ready for when the stock goes live.

And I mixed up left and right! lol (f**k fatigue!)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
My 7+ is fucked. Lasted less than 24 hours.

Keeps flicking between no signal and occasionally a bit of signal.

Tried multiple networks, gonna be fun in the apple store in the morning. Can't wait for Quentin or tobias to tell me in a really cheery voice that there is no stock to replace it.

took the 128gb back and got the 256gb.

Returned the leather case as well as it was in a terrible state after 7 days :/ not as good as the iPhone 6 leather case I used to have.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
f**king annoying but why have they taking the ability to swipe the alarm when it goes off.

#DailyMoan
2 things that have really annoyed me (apart from the alarm as I don't really use one).
My email threads keep being jumbled up and not in order so is a f**king nightmare to keep track.
Not being able to open apps from the lock screen. If I get a whatsapp picture come through, I can't slide across to open it.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
f**king annoying but why have they taking the ability to swipe the alarm when it goes off.

#DailyMoan

I've always just pressed the power button to stop it, that way you don't need to look at the screen... can just reach an hand out and feel the button!

Anyway, iOS 10.0.2 is already available for download :p

Honda. Tesla Someday
Ok, my iPhone 7plus 128Gb black arrived today. And it was defective out of the box.

The rest of my day was spent at Apple. I'm going to make a video about it because the way they handled the situation was terrible. As a self confessed "Apple fanboy" of sorts who has bought pretty much every iPhone on launch since the iPhone 3G, I can't be more disappointed right now.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Ok, my iPhone 7plus 128Gb black arrived today. And it was defective out of the box.

The rest of my day was spent at Apple. I'm going to make a video about it because the way they handled the situation was terrible. As a self confessed "Apple fanboy" of sorts who has bought pretty much every iPhone on launch since the iPhone 3G, I can't be more disappointed right now.

What was wrong with it?

Honda. Tesla Someday
Ok so like I said (above) my iPhone 7 plus arrived and was defective. I went to the Apple Store and here's what happened!

Yeah, I am the "fanboy" in this story! Lol!

Enjoy!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Your contract for supply of a functioning phone was with your service provider, they gave you a solution to your problem.

That's where this tale should have ended.

Yes there were plenty of f**k ups by the Apple people you spoke to but ultimately they were 100% correct.

You're a customer of your network provider, not Apple.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Your contract for supply of a functioning phone was with your service provider, they gave you a solution to your problem.

Yes there were plenty of f**k ups by the Apple people you spoke to but ultimately they were 100% correct.

f**k off! He can't make a s**t YouTube video about that! It won't get any views!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172

#DailyMoan

I'm sure I 'stop' my alarm and my snooze ends up going off four times later! Thats just ios 10 being a pain though.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

Not accurate, after I bought a defective iPad Pro I was told by apple that it could be returned to them for a replacement after the supplier wouldn't initially agree to a return.

I also returned some beats headphones that were bought from an overseas airport shop.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Not accurate, after I bought a defective iPad Pro I was told by apple that it could be returned to them for a replacement after the supplier wouldn't initially agree to a return.

I also returned some beats headphones that were bought from an overseas airport shop.

It is/I was 100% accurate!

His contract for the supply of goods was with his network provider. Apple were under no obligation whatsoever to provide any remedy at all.

That they do so is entirely up to them...but they are not obliged to.

You but a TV from Currys, it's faulty, Currys say one month until they get a replacement. Do you then go to John Lewis demanding they replace it and have a tantrum in store when they tell you to f*** off?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
After the initial replacement period (14 days etc) Apple are actually a little bit different in that all repairs/replacements go back to them irregardless of where they came from.

It was a nightmare when I worked in Currys because they would only deal direct with the customer and some people would point blank refuse to talk to them.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

So was mine, I didn't notice originally because I wasn't paying much attention, but yesterday I realised that there was something terribly wrong with it. It kept losing the network and if you were in the about menu it would keep showing no sim, utterly impossible to use as a phone. Tried an EE, o2, 3 and Vodafone sim in and they all did the same.

Phoned the store last night and the woman I spoke to said that they didn't have any more stock coming in until Tuesday, I said I'd pop in today anyway so they could see.

Went this morning to the Apple Store, waited an hour and saw a genius and she went out the back to see if they had any. She came back and said that they didn't and that she had spoken to her colleague who remembered me ringing in and so she took all my details and phone number (I laughed and said you'd better have my wife's number as well seeing as my one doesn't work) and said that they will be getting stock in on Tuesday and that they'd put one aside.

Got halfway home and my phone said "missed call", checked the number on my wife's phone and it was the Apple Store we'd just been to, rang them back and they said they had a phone for me and that I could come in to swap.

I figure somebody had made an iPhone upgrade programme reservation and either failed the credit check or didn't turn up, either way they swapped out my phone for a brand new one.

It's working!

Can't fault their service tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
It is/I was 100% accurate!

His contract for the supply of goods was with his network provider. Apple were under no obligation whatsoever to provide any remedy at all.

That they do so is entirely up to them...but they are not obliged to.

You but a TV from Currys, it's faulty, Currys say one month until they get a replacement. Do you then go to John Lewis demanding they replace it and have a tantrum in store when they tell you to f*** off?

FLOL what the f**k is that example about? It doesn't even make sense FFS.

How can you be accurate when Apple told me otherwise?

Apple guarantee their own products regards of who the supplier is. This isn't something I've just made up, I was told this over the phone by Apple themselves.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL what the f**k is that example about? It doesn't even make sense FFS.

How can you be accurate when Apple told me otherwise?

Apple guarantee their own products regards of who the supplier is. This isn't something I've just made up, I was told this over the phone by Apple themselves.

I said Apple were not obliged to do anything. How can that be accurate?

Basic contract law, that's how.

As I said, Apple may offer to do something beyond that...but they don't have to.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I said Apple were not obliged to do anything. How can that be accurate?

Basic contract law, that's how.

As I said, Apple may offer to do something beyond that...but they don't have to.

You made the point that Deekay was wrong to attempt to return a defective unit to Apple. I said they can and will replace faulty units bought through a alternative supplier.

Who gives a f**k about contract law? This isn't about whether they are legally obliged to.

I think I've had 5 iPhones supplied by O2 swapped out at Apple over the years.