ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6S

dk

911 GTS Cab
In terms of a case, very simple.

I drop my phone on an almost daily basis. It's not got a cracked screen, or any damage for that matter.
Almost everyone I know who rolls bare, has smashed their screen.
How on earth are you that clumsy?

On the flip side, nobody I know has a smashed screen....

You are a clumsy lot!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Loving the tempered glass screen protector I've got now, so much nicer than a plastic one, looks/feels lovely, no loss of clarity, doesn't affect the operation of the touch screen or even affect force touch, it's like riding bare back, with a safety net

Listerine & Poledo
Loving the tempered glass screen protector I've got now, so much nicer than a plastic one, looks/feels lovely, no loss of clarity, doesn't affect the operation of the touch screen or even affect force touch, it's like riding bare back, with a safety net
After years of Zagg covers, I tried a tempered glass protector on my 5.
cracked with 1 short drop to the floor.
Sure, the screen intself was still fine but, well, I wont get another

Ordered a 'Spigen Capsule' case today. One of the better looking cases from what I saw online when having a search.

Mine has got very hot on a couple of occasions, to the point it smells warm also. I lost several percent charge in a matter of minutes yesterday from watching a youtube video. Granted I had a dozen or so apps open in the background, but surely the new chip can handle it. Never noticed it on my 5S.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Ordered a 'Spigen Capsule' case today. One of the better looking cases from what I saw online when having a search.

Mine has got very hot on a couple of occasions, to the point it smells warm also. I lost several percent charge in a matter of minutes yesterday from watching a youtube video. Granted I had a dozen or so apps open in the background, but surely the new chip can handle it. Never noticed it on my 5S.

My 4S died on 38% yesterday. Plugged it in, it woke up on 41%, and then about 10 seconds later it was on 2%, then it died again. When charged, it turned on at 37%.

iPhones are weird. (Mines old too tbf).

How much are you lot paying for your contracts? Or have you bought the phone outright?

£539 for a 6S Plus.
Over 24 months that makes it £22.46 a month. With my £10.50 sim only, I'd be paying £32.96 a month for 2 years effectivley, for unlimited texts, minutes and 500MB of data (which I need to up to 1GB really).

How's that sound? I don't think I'd get a contract for that little. Makes sense to buy it I think...

Listerine & Poledo
My 4S died on 38% yesterday. Plugged it in, it woke up on 41%, and then about 10 seconds later it was on 2%, then it died again. When charged, it turned on at 37%.

Ah, your battery is unsync'd. My 5 started doing this the very day after 6s's were announced [insert conspiracy to taste]

If you do a total factory reset (backup phone through itunes, load all new updates, then apply backup) it MIGHT fix it.

Alternatively, it doesn't. And if you let it run completely out of charge, it MAY never turn on again, no matter how long you charge it for or even if it's plugged in.

How much are you lot paying for your contracts? Or have you bought the phone outright?

£539 for a 6S Plus.
Over 24 months that makes it £22.46 a month. With my £10.50 sim only, I'd be paying £32.96 a month for 2 years effectivley, for unlimited texts, minutes and 500MB of data (which I need to up to 1GB really).

I believe (from what I read a while back) that as the phones get older, the battery percentage number becomes out of sync. My 5s used to die at 7% or drop from 7 to 1%.

I pay £39.20 a month with Vodafone (£49 contract with 20% employee advantage discount) - on a 64gb model with just £69 down - 2gb data, unlimited everything else. Could have 'traded up' and got 6gb data, only paid £29 for the phone and paid the same monthly amount - but I'd have needed to give them my 5s - which I could sell for £200 (If I'm quick!!).

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My iphone6 has done that today. Gone from 55% to 10%, and then doesn't change from 10% for ages. I've ran out of memory so can't update it either.

I use O2 Sim only @ £15.30 a month (2GB + unlimited). O2 is the best coverage for me including 4G. Plus I use Priority frequently, so I probably save ~£5-£10 a month in Cafe Nero/WHSmiths etc.

If I was getting a contact, I would look at O2 refresh, their deals look pretty fair.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Ah, your battery is unsync'd. My 5 started doing this the very day after 6s's were announced [insert conspiracy to taste]

If you do a total factory reset (backup phone through itunes, load all new updates, then apply backup) it MIGHT fix it.

Alternatively, it doesn't. And if you let it run completely out of charge, it MAY never turn on again, no matter how long you charge it for or even if it's plugged in.

Oh.

Thats not good news, I hadn't heard of that. It's done it a few times too.

I don't own a laptop, so my phone has never been backed up, ever. Thats probably not helping matters tbh.

Listerine & Poledo
My iphone6 has done that today. Gone from 55% to 10%, and then doesn't change from 10% for ages. I've ran out of memory so can't update it either.
backup to itunes, reset to factory.
cross fingers

Oh.

Thats not good news, I hadn't heard of that. It's done it a few times too.

I don't own a laptop, so my phone has never been backed up, ever. Thats probably not helping matters tbh.
Never backed up mine until it started doing this battery thing. Not sure it would make a difference. Just seems to happen.

Last edited:
  SQ5
backup to itunes, reset to factory.
cross fingers

Never backed up mine until it started doing this battery thing. Not sure it would make a difference. Just seems to happen.

Just backup to icloud then Factory reset

Listerine & Poledo
Just backup to icloud then Factory reset
iTunes backup requires less spare storage to apply the software updates as part of the factory reset...yeah? (could very easily be wrong here)

Also, with a dicky battery, I'd not risk putting any more load on it than is required. Hell, it took 9 reboots for my 5 to come back to life after the update....oh, and it's still buggered.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
EE is £100 down (6s) and 36.99 for unlimited texts and calls, 5 gig data..

£988 over 24months

I have a sim only with them and asked for the best deal upgrade.. EE, 6s, £50 a month, unlimited calls/texts, 4 gig data.. £1200 over 24 months

Or £70 down and £45 or so for the same contract.. £1150 over 24months

Yet carphone warehouse will do the first deal I listed to a new customer. EE are dumb, but I'll start a new one when mines up in a month or so.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
My phone didn't charge last night for some reason, this surprised me.

FC50ED2B-2BA3-4C95-9336-82F220C3416D_zpslcf2y5dr.png

It's worth noting what capacity you are getting for these prices. Naturally the cheaper deals are for the 16gb version - which is you are new to the iPhone may not be sufficient enough.

I don't keep music on my phone and with images and apps could easily fill a 16gb so went for the 64gb.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
All the prices I put was a 6s on 16gig, I don't keep much music as I think it's mostly sh1t, I take the pics off and stick them on the laptop when it's full.. I haven't film any hooker taking a dump in a bin lately so no need to worry about that.

More space = more junk..

I paid the extra for a 32gig 3gs and i didn't feel like I gained..

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I find with EE you have to get put through to the right department before you get any kind of deal.

Ask to leave etc.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
After years of Zagg covers, I tried a tempered glass protector on my 5.
cracked with 1 short drop to the floor.
Sure, the screen intself was still fine but, well, I wont get another
That's the downside of a wafer thin sheet of glass, as long as the phone underneath is protected, the screen protector is a sacrificial part IMO, but it looks/feels superb

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
It's worth noting what capacity you are getting for these prices. Naturally the cheaper deals are for the 16gb version - which is you are new to the iPhone may not be sufficient enough.
Filled my 16GB 4S, so went 64GB with the 5S and that was fine over 2 years, so stuck with 64GB for the 6S, God knows how you'd fill a 128GB one LOL

Yeah, I had the same. Filled a 4s 16gb, had around 20gb on my 32gb 5s (therefore would have had to get rid of some stuff) so didn't want to bother with a 16gb 6s. I've a few friends who have 16gb versions of either model and fill them easily.

Yes I probably should back it up and clear the stuff I don't 'need' but I'm very lazy and don't do half what I should with an apple device. I'm the sheep type who just stick to the iPhone for ease more than anything.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Filled my 16GB 4S, so went 64GB with the 5S and that was fine over 2 years, so stuck with 64GB for the 6S, God knows how you'd fill a 128GB one LOL

With the new picture quility, video pictures and hd video it wouldn't take long.. I think the only 2 videos I'd keep are, the one where the girl is on all fours on the pool table and fills her a-hole with milk and blasts a pub full of men....and the other where the dudes getting blown telling his bird about the Ar5enal game and fart's.

When Apple make 32gig the entry level I'll upgrade..

Listerine & Poledo
Well, it takes EE a fortnight to turn over a handset exchange, if you make the mistake of going direct through their Irish call centre.
If this one turns up pink they'll get a turd in a box back
deliver.jpg

FUX SAKE ROB! It doesn't take 1n hour and 15 to get here from Fordham, get your toe down son and make those deliveries like Paperboy.....

THat said, if he's anything like the delivery driver from the MadBid adverts, he's going to get put through a wall

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Well, it takes EE a fortnight to turn over a handset exchange, if you make the mistake of going direct through their Irish call centre.
If this one turns up pink they'll get a turd in a box back
View attachment 137907
FUX SAKE ROB! It doesn't take 1n hour and 15 to get here from Fordham, get your toe down son and make those deliveries like Paperboy.....

THat said, if he's anything like the delivery driver from the MadBid adverts, he's going to get put through a wall

The mad bid voice is readings very own 107 radio dj... "What's was that site again"

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Heads up, tests are showing the batterys on 6s with the Samsung processor have worse battery life by up to 2hrs in comparison to the ones with tsmc chips.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
My 6s is here, left it in the box till the case arrives... Normally I'm really excited to get it it but I'll only go on Facebook, eBay and cliosport..

What's the rush eh....

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
As above I doubt it makes a huge difference now, but later in the phones life it may do.