ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6S

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
It's been doing that with my VW as well.

Although it seems less prevalent on the touch I have started using rather than the iPhone. I don't know if that's just because I've been doing less driving. I have about 1500 miles to do this week, so should give it a good stability test.

I still need to get the car to VW so they can check the lead out and see if I need a new one.

The lack of connection thing is seriously irritating though.

It appears then that the dropping out could be a result of the phone losing cellular signal even though I'm playing my own locally stored music. If the app craps-out on the phone, as we know it can and does, then it's reasonable to assume that if the same happens in the car, it will stop playing.

Also, I have just noticed that, as previously mentioned by someone else, the keyboard auto-correction and error recognition is FUBAR. Jesus Christ. Feels like the end of an era, really.

Give it another shot etc.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I hope they add more content to apple music at some point. Well, I know they do but I hope they update the playlists.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I haven't updated my 6 since these apple music and watch apps came about. I don't want either. There is pretty much nothing Apple could do to pull me away from spotify as it works on all devices, not just apple.
I've noticed to auto correct too. Makes you seem like an absolute gimp when the simplest of sentences come out as a string of random, unrelated words.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Beats 1 was pretty good the other day though (first time I can say that to be fair) Bicep, Breakage & Disclosure all within 30 minutes :smile: and a Nas track that literally half of which was bleeped swearing lol.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Granted I've been using ios9 beta, but I've just gone back to 8.4, phone feels faster, crashes lot less and battery easily lasts twice as long.
Makes me worried about what it's going to be like when they release it.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I'm confused. Is this thread about the up and coming new iPhone or the software reliability?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Another shite thing I've noticed, when you receive a video via iMessage does it only let you play it small like this and not full screen

It's great with the keyboard in the way etc, not!

image.jpg

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It plays like that if you actually press the play button, press anywhere else on the vid it plays full screen

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I feel stupid now! I remember trying everything I could think of on previous ones though!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Not much up an upgrade really is it, bit gimmicky. Actually dropped and (slightly) cracked my iPhone 6 today though :( is it trying to tell me something!?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I'm interested to know more about this 12 month replacement plan...how's it going to work in the UK?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Probably be a £25 a month fee on top of your existing contract (+ return of your old phone).

I'm interested to know more about this 12 month replacement plan...how's it going to work in the UK?
I would assume it'll work the same way as O2 Refresh works?!

e.g Phone = £720. You pay £30 a month for 24 months (phone costs a little more than sim free). Then 12 months in, you can pay off the remaining balance (~£360). Now you can buy a new phone at £30 a month, and start again.

On top of the phone cost is the 'line rental', ie the £15 data/calls package.

Would still be cheaper to buy the phone sim free from Apple.

SQ5
I was just weighing up too, I've got £450 left in my Apple Finance, if I could get £450 for my mint Soace Grey 64gb then I'd be tempted to swap to an S

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I was just weighing up too, I've got £450 left in my Apple Finance, if I could get £450 for my mint Soace Grey 64gb then I'd be tempted to swap to an S

Surely it's not worth more than £300 tops?

Listerine & Poledo
So I ring up T-Mobile, fully expecting to be rinsed for an S, but no.

6s, 64gb, Gold, no handset cost, £42 a month.

In fact, they wanted £20 for the 6, 64gb!

Cheer!

Listerine & Poledo
All the non-24mth contract run the same principle.

£x per month - 0% finance for the phone, can be paid off at any time
AND
£x per month - Tariff

Tesco and Virgin mobile seem to only offer this option. It's not the worst idea, but they'll have a mark up on the handset cost