ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6S

I have to add though that my battery is still getting fisted by 8.4.

It's draining almost like I'm constantly using it. Previously it would idle all night and lose maybe 1%. Now it's dropping 10% over the same period doing the same thing. I should probably upgrade to a beta.

FFS.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Don't bother with beta, charged mine before bed, left it overnight awoke to 77%

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Of course iOS is the issue. Anytime there is an issue with the phone it's usually stupid software. Feels like they're going backwards.

I blame Apple Music. I have already proven that it's calling home constantly even when its cellular setting is allegedly cut and 'apple music' is disabled.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Ios6 was fantastic, pretty much don't ever remember an app crashing, or anything,

iOS 7 it started happening weekly

iOS 8 something happens daily.

Anyone noticed auto correct has gone worse lately to?

Yes mate.

iOS 6 was rock solid. Mostly it always was from 2007 if you avoided betas. It all started going wrong when they ditched bitmaps in iOS 7 onwards.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I have to add though that my battery is still getting fisted by 8.4.

It's draining almost like I'm constantly using it. Previously it would idle all night and lose maybe 1%. Now it's dropping 10% over the same period doing the same thing. I should probably upgrade to a beta.

FFS.

Have you not just developed friends?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh it's not just iOS. God knows how many updates iTunes seems to have every month, but it has got a lot worse compared to what it used to be.

As with iOS they seem to add features that the normal person doesn't want/need.

Clio 182
The whole iOS bullshite is built around people like DK who want a app to run their entire life so they don't have to move.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I love the design as slippery as it is.

I was worried about this at first but strangely enough I managed to drop my iPhone 4 before but the 6 hasn't left my grip! Only tiny mark I have on it is on the silent button, it's caught on zips etc. a few times.

Yeah I love the iPhone 6. It's a beautiful machine in the hand.

It is a bit slippery, but because I'm a sentient being, I have never dropped it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well after all this praise for the iPhone 6, mines now not getting signal at all, anywhere.

I personally prefer the square edges of the 4/5, but I always use a case and I'm sure I can get one that gives a square feel in your hand.

I will end up getting the 6S as my 24month contracts 'expire' in September so I've had the 4S and 5S because of this pattern.

Well after all this praise for the iPhone 6, mines now not getting signal at all, anywhere.

Happens all the time with mine. Hold the home and sleep button until it restarts and the Apple logo appears.

Or if you're lucky, toggling airplane mode on and off again sometimes works.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Think it's something EE related as my number is no just dead and nobody can text me.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I agree, IOS has become "buggy"

My 5S does some random stuff from time to time and I've noticed that typing on the keyboard has become like a game of roulette. I never know what letters I'm going to get on my screen. Some thing that I never experienced on my iPhone 4 etc.

First time I'm considering letting my contract lapse and get a sim only plan instead. My 5S is in mint condition and the battery life still lasts a day and a half with heavy use on full charge.

I mean, how fancy a phone do you need to use whats app, safari, checking emails and calling?

That's all I do with my iPhone these days. I'm struggling to justify the extra cost and 2 year contract again this time around. I get good deals through Vodafone because of a 20% discount through work, which helps with the cost of decent price plans. But the same discount can be used on sim only deals too so I'm in two minds what to do come renewal time.

330i. E30 Touring.
I agree, IOS has become "buggy"

My 5S does some random stuff from time to time and I've noticed that typing on the keyboard has become like a game of roulette. I never know what letters I'm going to get on my screen. Some thing that I never experienced on my iPhone 4 etc.

First time I'm considering letting my contract lapse and get a sim only plan instead. My 5S is in mint condition and the battery life still lasts a day and a half with heavy use on full charge.

I mean, how fancy a phone do you need to use whats app, safari, checking emails and calling?

That's all I do with my iPhone these days. I'm struggling to justify the extra cost and 2 year contract again this time around. I get good deals through Vodafone because of a 20% discount through work, which helps with the cost of decent price plans. But the same discount can be used on sim only deals too so I'm in two minds what to do come renewal time.
I'm in the same boat. Sim only on my current 5s, but i don't see that the 6 or 6s can be that much of an improvement to warrant £600 or whatever it is.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My nephew has just bought a Nokia lumia thing, costs under £50, tbh it does everything I need from a phone. It's just not as "nice" as my iPhone 6, but I could have 12 for same price.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm in the same boat. Sim only on my current 5s, but i don't see that the 6 or 6s can be that much of an improvement to warrant £600 or whatever it is.
It's not that much of an improvement, other than size. My mrs' 5S feels tiny compared to my 6+

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
My iPhone 6 has been fine, the only problems have been with the dopey c*nt of a user who drops it all the time. I charge mine overnight every night so battery life doesn't bother me, on a Friday or a Saturday ill charge it again in the evening if I'm going out.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
@///Munson have you had the issue of yours just dying?

Both me and a friend have in the last few months, battery drops like mad for an hour or so, then it's off. It won't come on for love nor money. After putting it on charge hitting the power button and holding it along with the home button about a thousand times and it comes to life. Never had an issue since but I know of a few people that have experienced it.

I didn't notice the battery dying but yes, my phone killed itself shortly after installing iOS 8.poor and wouldn't restart. Had to hold both buttons. Pretty sure Apple Music crashed it. Hasn't happened since though.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Apple music was being a dick when I was in Germany. I have all my iTunes library on my phone, but because data roaming was off, it didn't seem to want to show the library, took a load of attempts to get it to display and in and out of various menus.

Plus, iTunes 12 (I think that's what we're up to?) just doesn't like syncing libraries to devices. I bought a cheap iPod touch to leave in the car, and it took about 40 attempts to get my entire music library onto it.

Yes. If your data connection is off or playing up, you just get a blank white screen quite often, even with Apple Music switched off and cellular data DISABLED for the app. It's a joke. Apparently never tested on devices that might not be connected to the internet.

Although if you enable airplane mode it works properly. Laughable.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
@///Munson have you had the issue of yours just dying?

Both me and a friend have in the last few months, battery drops like mad for an hour or so, then it's off. It won't come on for love nor money. After putting it on charge hitting the power button and holding it along with the home button about a thousand times and it comes to life. Never had an issue since but I know of a few people that have experienced it.

Every iPhone I've had won't switch on for few minutes when first put on charge from empty, or is that not what you mean?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Yes. If your data connection is off or playing up, you just get a blank white screen quite often, even with Apple Music switched off and cellular data DISABLED for the app. It's a joke. Apparently never tested on devices that might not be connected to the internet.

That's the one, and explains why I had no issues once on the flight back.

It does feel like they've completely stopped testing at the moment.

DCi
The only problem I've had with any of my iPhone's was my last one would go from 40% battery to nothing if I was outside for a while

I would notice it most playing golf, I think it was due to using an app that constantly uses GPS and the phone was 2 years old so the battery had been through a lot of cycles.

Upgraded a month or so ago and the 6 has been fine

I don't understand how some people are paying so much - my normal bill will be 34 p/m but because I traded in I'm not paying that much yet as I'm in credit

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member

Yep keep getting this. Bloody annoying on the train. Also mine keeps randomly stopping playing. Just pauses and i have to click play again..

I am now also having seriously annoying stability and performance issues in the car with iOS 8.4

Wrongly organised tracks. Missing tracks. Randomly cutting out, then (maybe) starting another random album. I realise that perhaps there will be a compatibility update for my car's software, but it's never been an issue previously with new iOS versions. Most likely just more bugs introduced with Apple Music.

Granted, one cannot realistically expect Apple to ensure their OS is compatible with a BMW, but FFS. Just more and more problems. Still, so long as the cuts are still deep, blokes have women's hairstyles and a trendy beard, who cares?