ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6S

Listerine & Poledo
I'd happily have done it on my own CC, but CBA doing it on finance.

tumblr_nzxa55u9S41rda0v7o1_500.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
Fair do's.
If you pick up from an Apple store you can get one of their brand-slaves to do the admin for you, but yeah, filling in forms online isn't exactly a fun use of time

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Ordered a space grey 6S yesterday. Should be here in the morning.

16GB seen as I hardly have anything on my current 5S.

£39.20 a month with unlimited minutes, texts and 6GB data with £29 upfront. Not too bad I don't think

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I missed this deal yesterday.

Unl mins
Unl texts
10gb data
£64 a month for 12 months
£699 rrp handset
Poss £30 quidco
£3.25 monthly contract
First 2 months data unl
Not sure if Spotify or sports would be applied

Hot Deals,

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Just bought a 64GB from Japan with Apple Care plus so I have worldwide coverage, not the cheapest but cheaper than US prices.

Listerine & Poledo
My friend has one of these and it looks absolutely knackered after just a few weeks.
Mines been on since launch day and aside from discolouring heavily (which is why tan is the safest colour to go with) it's not had a problem.
And it's not like I'm some prissy tart with my phone either, so don't know what your mate did to his :)

Seriously, I had 3rd party tat on my 5 for a year, but went through about 4 of them. Apple leather ones haven't given out yet.

SQ5
I've had a black genuine one on since launch and it's near prefect. Couple of scratches in the leather and the edges are smooth from going in and out of pocket.

Friend bought a replica one which didn't wrap around enough so didn't protect screen and started fraying quickly.

Pink/White leather ones are shocking though,

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Which cases are people rocking with the 6s?

Black leather Apple case. £35 but worth every penny.

I had the Equivalent case on my 5S. It lasted 2 years and kept my phone in perfect condition. Slight wear sfter 2 years but I wasn't bothered. It was there to protect the phone and it did a perfect job. Even after dropping my phone when pissed and volleying it across the pub

I'd recommend one even though they are pricey for a phone case.

6/468 17poo
I bought a lifeproof fre, from amazon £40 doesn't add much bulk and means i can attach it to my bike for gps etc in the rain, plus i know if i drop it nothing 'should' crack!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've still got that hard shell one that I posted a few pages back.

It's epic. Adds no more bulk, I've got all of the functionality and the phone is pristine inside due to the right fit, no rubbing around causing nasty scratches.

And it makes it look like a knock off so nobody will steal it*

*touch wood.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Is anyone getting an issue where the phone sporadically dies at around 40%?

It takes a couple of hard resets then it turns back on properly.

It's only happened twice under fairly heavy usage mind

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
It happens around 10% for me..

Isn't there a thing where you can drain, full charge to reset the battery meter or some shizzle?

Google is your friend.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Isn't there a thing where you can drain, full charge to reset the battery meter or some shizzle?

Google is your friend.

I think that's just to keep the internal clock/meter/whatever in check.

You're meant to let it fully drain at least once a month. I do it multiple times. Cba to google. Cs is the fountain of all knowledge

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I think that's just to keep the internal clock/meter/whatever in check.

You're meant to let it fully drain at least once a month. I do it multiple times. Cba to google. Cs is the fountain of all knowledge

There is certainly a fountain on here, it's not always knowledge tho

CBR1000RR Fireblade

Google is your friend.

Hi,

Charge your phone once a month to 100% and let it drain until then handset switches off. I've done this for years and it seems to keep my batteries in check.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I got one of these today.

It's not too much bulkier than the actual phone, protects the silly exposed camera and the colour is a good match for the phone.

3BC84B1B-93D4-417F-9B5D-C163FED5172B_zps1sfkb4gv.png

C472D5AF-54FF-4C9D-93CF-26C0AC4FBC92_zpse0dutskx.png

The only downside is it makes it a bit awkward to open the control centre from the bottom of the screen. But it was £3.99 so I can't complain.

Still stand by this.

I've just taken it off, five and a bit months later and the phone is like new. No scratches or bits of s**t getting inside like the last few cases I've had.

A few people have said it makes the phone look like a knock off copy. Pessimists, I say it's a theft deterrent.

Although it's really thin and unintrusive, it does make the phone feel like a completely different, high tech gadget again when you take the case off.

£4 well spent imo.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
After some case advice for my 6s

Had the leather genuine apple case as mentioned above.

Turns out it's no where near as durable as the previous generation of apple leather cases on my 5S and the case is showing signs of wear in just a couple of months.

What doesn't help is that I dropped it on a concrete floor whilst faffing with my bike the other day and it's taken a big chunk out of one of the corners.

I'm currently looking for a replacement. Has anyone got any suggestions or recommendations?

I've looked at the genuine apple silicone case as a replacement, does anyone have any experience of them? If so, are they any good?

SQ5
Mines awesome?

Dropped it countless times, only recently (18 months) it's started to show scuffs on corners, but it has had some massive drops.

The iPad one on the other hand, complete dog s**t.

I use an Incipio Edge case. Pretty tidy lasted 15 months so far.

Actually bought two as I didn't think it would be this durable but have never even opened the 2nd one lol.

An orange one
Has anyone else got persistent issues with safari getting stuck in landscape mode??

Thought the latest software update would resolve it but it's just the same, happens at least once daily.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Just in case anyone is interested. Aldi currently have 1.5M Lightning charge/sync cables in for £4.99. Work fine. I know some members might not want to lower themselves to entering an Aldi but some might.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'm never buying non-genuine cables again after the last two Belkin ones fucked up. They're meant to be a good make as well! :(

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I always thought the best cable method was what Tom from CS told me a while Back;

But a micro USB to lighting adapter from CEX for £7 ish. Then buy some micro USB cable from Amazon for around £2/£3.

It will never break and when the cable is shot, buy another for £2

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've been noticing my battery has been slowly getting ridiculously s**t lately.

It dies too often, I've tried turning off 4g and background app refresh with no luck.

I got in work at 6:45 with a full charge. Barely touched it and it's on 50% now at 8:10.

Is it a problem with the battery or my handset?

I wonder if it's iPhone 7 time, I'd rather it not be because the phone is otherwise fine. It's always lived in a case and I don't update the iOS unless I need to so it runs fine too.

Obviously the sensible thing is to ask Cs before Google.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I've been noticing my battery has been slowly getting ridiculously s**t lately.

It dies too often, I've tried turning off 4g and background app refresh with no luck.

I got in work at 6:45 with a full charge. Barely touched it and it's on 50% now at 8:10.

Is it a problem with the battery or my handset?

I wonder if it's iPhone 7 time, I'd rather it not be because the phone is otherwise fine. It's always lived in a case and I don't update the iOS unless I need to so it runs fine too.

Obviously the sensible thing is to ask Cs before Google.
There is a recall on some 6s battery's at the moment Scott. Yours might be applicable.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Does anyone know where you can buy 100% definitely genuine real apple ones without paying apple the £60 to change them or whatever it is.