ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6S

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
The iPhone Success.

Exciting pictures of the next iPhone!

9to5mac_6s23_story.jpg

iphone6sfrontpanel1.jpg

Yeah not really, but we knew it wasn't going to look massively different. What do we think of Force Touch etc. which seems to be the biggest rumour. This'll be the first time I'm not getting the new model in years! 😞 still... do I need it? iPhone 6 is bloody great and I can't see any 'must haves' coming out this time.

For me it will hinge on iOS 9. If it isn't rock solid reliable on day zero, and hasn't instantly fixed everything that has been going wrong since iOS 7, I will not be buying another iPhone.

So I guess I had better start investigating how to migrate.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You know you can get ios9 now? Granted it's the Beta, has only one useful thing that I've noticed, a back button.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I just hope they get rid of that stupid sticking out camera!

f**king idiots.

I'm also hoping for a 1080p screen on the 6s and I shall probably buy it.

Having said that, if they get more expensive I'm starting to question the point tbh

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
As much as I hate to admit it, after having a go on a Moto G is the iPhone really worth £400+ more.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I just hope they get rid of that stupid sticking out camera!

f**king idiots.

I'm also hoping for a 1080p screen on the 6s and I shall probably buy it.

Having said that, if they get more expensive I'm starting to question the point tbh

£50-60pm the 6 is/was is/wasn't it?

I'm not baller enough for that lol.

An orange one
I've rocked iPhones ever since the 3G came out and I've found myself questioning all the bugs and glitches that seem to happen now, I remember when they just worked, all the time, every time.

Really tempted to try something from the opposition but I feel I'm sucked in too far to the apple trap now, with iPads and sound docks etc. :(

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I think phones have got to the point where they're all 'good enough' I can let the odd bug slip... pretty bored of my iPhone I guess, but it's still awesome.

Would certainly be interested in seeing the new Windows Phone flagships running Windows 10 though, but I don't know if I could actually change over.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
When I bought my 5s I'm sure it was £100/120 down and £35pm.

Did they offer similar for the 6 do you know? Or was it just £60pm?
I think the cheapest 6 deal I could have got was £100 for the handset and then £40 pcm.
Bearing in mind I have the 64GB model, unlimited calls and texts, 8GB internet (first 3 months are truly unlimited), unlimited European calls, Sky Sports, NOW TV, and Spotify I don't think £59 is a bad price per month. I did have to put £30 down first though.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
£20 a month sim only, then buy the phone. Trouble is the phone gets more expensive and I need a 64gb this time. Because 32gb was too mainstream

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I said I get brand new unlocked iPhone 6 64GB for under £450 many times on here, but no ones interested. To late now though.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Again, £20 a month for just a sim is mental - I got a brand new Nexus 6, a Moto 360 smart watch and sim for £23 a month.
It's more than I want to spend. But I get unlimited everything for £15. Had to add another £5 for tethering.

But I never worry about my phone bill. I waste more a month on drugs and hookers anyway

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
It's more than I want to spend. But I get unlimited everything for £15. Had to add another £5 for tethering.

But I never worry about my phone bill. I waste more a month on drugs and hookers anyway
Yeah, but if you have a bit more money for hookers left they might let you slip an extra finger in or something, or you can rack up a few more lines.

I think it's one of those things where every time people come round to upgrade the cost of a contract has gone up about a fiver, and now a few years on from when £30 a month was the norm, people are now paying £50-60, eventually you have to take a step back and think, "s**t, I'm paying £60 a month for a phone that is only slightly better than a phone that would cost me £20 a month."

Obviously, if you're minted or just don't care then whatever, but I'd rather have the £40 a month, that's a meal out a month or a night out or whatever, guess it depends what matters more to you.

But smartphones are now at the point where you pay so much for the little extra you get from something like an i6 or S6 compared to something that is just a general smart phone like a Nexus or Moto or LG etc.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My 6 is no better than my 5c imo, just the finger print scanner is nice and so is the bigger screen.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I think the cheapest 6 deal I could have got was £100 for the handset and then £40 pcm.
Bearing in mind I have the 64GB model, unlimited calls and texts, 8GB internet (first 3 months are truly unlimited), unlimited European calls, Sky Sports, NOW TV, and Spotify I don't think £59 is a bad price per month. I did have to put £30 down first though.

That really isn't bad at all! I might look into those deals

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah hence I'm staying with the £20 a month fixed cost. Then buy a new phone when I want one, if I want to spend that much on a phone.

I'm hoping the 6s in enough of an upgrade from the 5c to warrant the cost. (And my 5c is battered) like DrR said fingerprint scanner and bigger screen should be nice

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Does it have better battery life?
Doubt it, I'm out.
I'd be happy with 3GS functionality and a battery that lasts a genuine 2 days of use rather than 8 hours and a load of s**t features i don't need, and I don't want a big phone, the 6 is as big as i'd go, but tbh I'm happier with the 5S size I have now.

Why do people continue to MOAN about battery life? They're all much of a muchness in my experience. Last for ages on standby and drain a lot when being used. It continues to crease me up that consumers blather on about it like they know a physics defying secret that the battery manufactures have yet to understand.

STFU!!!

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Yeah hence I'm staying with the £20 a month fixed cost. Then buy a new phone when I want one, if I want to spend that much on a phone.

I'm hoping the 6s in enough of an upgrade from the 5c to warrant the cost. (And my 5c is battered) like DrR said fingerprint scanner and bigger screen should be nice
5C is lower spec'd than the 4S iirc. It was a clever Apple tactic. Stick a colourful case on and people will buy. It worked. Considering it was only £50 cheaper than the 5S with a slower processor etc they did a good job.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
5C was a 5 with bigger battery and different case. So it's better than a 4S

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's a 5 with a plastic case. Mainly because I'm convinced they had leftover 5 stuff and they couldn't use the shite anodised casings on them

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
All I hear is people having issues with their 6 since purchase. I love the design as slippery as it is. Screen doesn't hold a candle to my N4 but it's nice all round in its Apple way.

Clio 200t
I have a 6+ and am satisfied with it.

2 year contract, £43PM unlimited minutes+texts and 3gb data. Will upgrade to the 7 next year.

All I hear is people having issues with their 6 since purchase. I love the design as slippery as it is. Screen doesn't hold a candle to my N4 but it's nice all round in its Apple way.

All I hear is people having issues with iOS. Mostly because it sucks these days in terms of stability. The phone itself is the best yet. IMO only of course.