ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Ordered mine! 64gb 6 in Space Grey.

Went with a deal from The Smartphone Company, didn't realise you could actually upgrade your current contract throigh companies like that. Worked out much cheaper than straight through EE.

Unlimited calls & texts, 20gb data, free 64gb 6 for £53.99 p/m.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Right. I've just been given an iPhone 6 for work.
I've set up iTunes /icloud account and managed to get a few apps from the store.
Is there anyway of stopping it from asking the password after every purchase?

Still getting used to it. Do like some of the features though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Ah OK. I've set that up already but I didn't know it worked for purchases too.
Cheers.

Edit. Just tried and it's not working? Would it be anything to do with it being a works phone? Can people out restrictions /force actions?

Double edit. Seems I'm a tard. I had to turn fingerprint unlock on in the settings.

Last edited:
  GTD, Lupo
I took the plunge and decided to upgrade the two phones on my contract.

My wife wanted a 6+ 16G and i wanted a 6 64G. I was told it would be £240 for the 6 and £340 for the + :astonished:. 2g of data unlimited calls/texts and would be £38 on both handsets.

I wasn't too happy so decide to end the contract... but got offered a 6 128G for free and a 6+ 64G for free. 5g of data unlimited calls and texts for £36 a month. That works out at only 50p a month more than what i currently pay all in for my 5 so i took it.

GTD, Lupo
o2, its a business contract but i don't think that makes much of a difference these days. When i called up and requested my PUC the chap said he won't let me leave. He said he would throw everything at me to keep my business.

I have been with them a fair few years now just a shame you have to threaten to leave to get a good deal.

There is also a max of 5 weeks wait for the 6 in the dark grey, the plus in gold :tonguewink: turns up tomorrow.

Last edited:
  A shiny black one.
Got my space grey 64gb today. Bought the phone sim free and started a sim only contract with 3 for 12 months. 200 minutes, unlimited texts and data.

Very happy with the phone, using the touch screen is much easier, definitely a much better size. The fingerprint unlock is a very nice feature.

GTD, Lupo
Got my space grey 64gb today. Bought the phone sim free and started a sim only contract with 3 for 12 months. 200 minutes, unlimited texts and data.

Very happy with the phone, using the touch screen is much easier, definitely a much better size. The fingerprint unlock is a very nice feature.

I have a 3 sim for when i go away with work, amazing package. You get free roaming and up to 50gig of downloads out side of the UK plus calls back to the uk just come out of your minutes. Well worth it, good choice.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Just went for a 64 GB 6+ in Space Grey, I reckon it maybe a little big but I guess I'll get used to it!

My 5's battery is more or less dead, lasts 2-3 hours now so thought I'd pay the early upgrade fee and get out whilst I can get some money from Mazuma for it.

Have you all got used to the size of the 6+?

mckay

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 Iceburg 172
Broke the screen on my iPhone 6 today[emoji34]
Is it an apple only fix?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Getting fixed with apple, £86 for new screen fitted so not to bad.

Scratched mine yesterday.

Didn't have 1 scratch on my 4S that was a few years old.

Only got a 6 but the screen size is annoying me, tempted to sell it and to a 5S, although I can't find 65GB models anywhere.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I dropped mine once on holiday but thankfully no marks, just dropped it off the end of the bed.

I have noticed that the screen becomes non responsive at times, not very often - maybe once a fortnight. Tap the screen to open an app, you can see the app icon darken a bit, so the touch is registering, it just doesn't do anything. Once I lock and unlock again it's fine, still slightly annoying. Other than that very pleased!

Mito Sportiva 135
I just got a not bad deal, had 3 months left on my existing contract before I could upgrade (so 6 months actually remaining) and paid £155 (£135 was early contract buyout, which I only did as my current handset is broken) and paying £45 a month for unlimited texts, 2gb of data, 6 billion minutes of call time

Need to copy my gmail contacts over as been on Android, is this easy to do?

Thanks in advance my new Apple brethren

I just got a not bad deal, had 3 months left on my existing contract before I could upgrade (so 6 months actually remaining) and paid £155 (£135 was early contract buyout, which I only did as my current handset is broken) and paying £45 a month for unlimited texts, 2gb of data, 6 billion minutes of call time

Need to copy my gmail contacts over as been on Android, is this easy to do?

Thanks in advance my new Apple brethren

Very easy, just link up your current gmail account and it'll sync over. But if you wanted to leave the Google eco system you could download the contact cards from Gmail and upload them to iCloud.

Mito Sportiva 135
Very easy, just link up your current gmail account and it'll sync over. But if you wanted to leave the Google eco system you could download the contact cards from Gmail and upload them to iCloud.
I might do that - although I just took my phone back to EE as couldn't even connect to the app store and they couldn't get it to work so asked me to bring it back tomorrow and replace it with a new handset. We even tried doing a factory reset and not working still - won't even connect to the app store

Mito Sportiva 135
Does anyone know if/how it is possible to remove Safari from the main homescreen bar? I want to replace it with the Chrome app instead if possible

EDIT: Sorry - just getting used to the fact you can't delete some apps on iOS like Safari, so I just moved it and replaced it with Chrome instead

Last edited:

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Has anyone else got s**t loads of scratches on the screen like me? Seems pretty common on the apple forums

I've been so careful too

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Has anyone else got s**t loads of scratches on the screen like me? Seems pretty common on the apple forums

I've been so careful too

Got 1 biggun yeah, had a 4s for about 2 years and had not a 1.

Got my 6, scratched it within 2 days.

f**king shite.

Mito Sportiva 135
For the first time ever, I put on a screen protector and spent ages removing all the air bubbles so it doesn't look like it has one - also got a good slimline and rigid case, so looks quite smart and well protected *touches wood*

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Safari seems quite buggy after 8.1.2 update a few days ago.

:angry:

Mine has been crashing a lot actually.

I got a warranty swap 5S on Sunday, and think I've had more crashes since then than in all the previous years of using safari on iPhone.

Mito Sportiva 135
Chrome is a lot better for me, I've never liked Safari. I got the Chrome app and imported all my bookmarks over and find the interface better

Still not found a Google Keep app though - surely there must be one on iOS??