ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

Are you sure? This has been discussed before and I was told if you buy a SIM free iPhone directly from Apple, it'll lock to the first SIM entered... however if you buy an iPhone from a provider and then get it unlocked, it'll be unlocked forever.

From Apple it'll stay unlocked for life, 100%.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Are you sure? This has been discussed before and I was told if you buy a SIM free iPhone directly from Apple, it'll lock to the first SIM entered... however if you buy an iPhone from a provider and then get it unlocked, it'll be unlocked forever.
Wrong. You buy a sim free phone from Apple it'll remain unlocked (FOREVER).
You buy a sim free phone from CarPhone Warehouse, it'll lock to the first provider.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm finally getting my 6+ this week, took a look at one again in town today I didn't like it (had before), figured out it was because someone has since put it in zoomed mode which just makes it look like a toy phone.

Discovered a clicking sound when I push the screen in by the on button, has anyone else got this?

Looked online and apparently in previous iPhones and this one, a fair few have had it. Seems too minor to take a phone back over, but kind of feel like I should?

This happened on my five I just left it until my warranty had a month left and used it as an excuse to get it changed for a new one and sent it of and then sold it on eBay perfect

DB.

BMW 440i
This happened on my five I just left it until my warranty had a month left and used it as an excuse to get it changed for a new one and sent it of and then sold it on eBay perfect

Haha Funny you mention that, looking online it appears Apple do often change it when this happens, and I don't even notice it on the phone, so I think I may be doing something similar in 10 months time!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Bullshit to the former.

Haha Funny you mention that, looking online it appears Apple do often change it when this happens, and I don't even notice it on the phone, so I think I may be doing something similar in 10 months time!
They don't repair the phones they usually just replace them all it is , is the screen is just clipped in with two screws at the bottom so one clipped is not quite aligned or loose

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ordered mine today, wanted a 6+ but chickened out due to the size last minute so got a normal 6 instead in space grey :)

Hopefully it will be everything I need :)

BMW F31
Got my 6 on saturday, upgraded from a 5, speed is good, touch id is smart and screen size is a welcome upgrade. slightly annoying trying to find the right position in my hand at the moment, double tap home button is useful if a little annoying. Overall quite a smart upgrade but not blown away by anything specifically, just nice tweaks.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Really enjoying my iPhone 6. Went for the silver 64 gb, very happy with the battery life as well. Definitely a marked improvement on the iPhone 5!

The only slight issue i'm having is when a whatsApp message/snap chat/message arrives and it shows at the top of the screen (if i'm navigating something else) i can't seem to swipe it upwards to go away until i want to check it? Sometimes i can swipe it upward and others i cannot?

Any ideas guys?

Ordered a 64gb space grey 6 on Monday from Apple online.

May be a stupid comment but dispatch time is 7-10 days then delivery time on top. (without reading the last many pages) is there any chance of early delivery or will 2 weeks approx be standard?

I got the 6 two days a go, liking the screen size although it's a pain trying to figure out how to hold it.
Dropped it last night also after a few too many !
It took the impact well and have only got the smallest of chips on the corner.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Not sure if this is iphone 6 related, or ios8, but I can no longer use personal hotspot to a windows device?

It just connects, then insta disconnects.

Haven't tested it on a Mac yet. But have on multiple windows machines.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Finally had a play with the Plus this week... it's big, but not overly so. Still wouldn't own it myself though, worse thing is the weight difference imo. Also the owner put a black and brown plastic case on it :( ruined.

SQ5
Missus got a 6 yesterday so I've been playing with it, I just cannot get used to it.

Not being able to touch all screen with one hand is annoying, and the drop down thing is very hit and miss too.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I was so, so against getting a bigger iPhone. So much so I considering moving over to Android or Windows Phone... however, I got used to my iPhone 6 in about 45 minutes lol. Love it now.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I was so, so against getting a bigger iPhone. So much so I considering moving over to Android or Windows Phone... however, I got used to my iPhone 6 in about 45 minutes lol. Love it now.

Everytime I pick up my wife's 5s it feels far too tiny

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly.

I had a play for the first time with a 6+ today. It's a beautiful thing and LOL at it being too big. Don't forget the majority of diehard iPhone owners have been denied a decent sized screen for many many years so you're going to take some time to get used to the joy of something more usable.

As above, it takes about 45 minutes. Once you're used to the 6, the 6+ is only a small step further. Having used my Nexus 5 for a year now I look at iPhone 3/4 and they look like little dinky childrens toy phones. Incredible that for so long people saw that as adequate and so vigourously defended it.

Don't know whether it's just me - but ive hardly seen anyone with either 6 model since launch. Usually every other person seems to have the latest model after launch, I think I've seen one person with a 6+, and nobody with a 6 - no one I know has bothered upgrading either. Stwange.

DB.

BMW 440i
Don't know whether it's just me - but ive hardly seen anyone with either 6 model since launch. Usually every other person seems to have the latest model after launch, I think I've seen one person with a 6+, and nobody with a 6 - no one I know has bothered upgrading either. Stwange.

I thinks it's you. 3/4 people on my bank of desks at work have a 6 now and the other is a Samsung user.

All the managers are also getting given 6s soon!

Peddled device
I've ordered a white 64gb 6 from the Apple store here. I still can't believe i've done that ! My 4s has been perfect for the last 3 years and it's been loved (its mint!). When I went to the Apple store, the day it was released here, I caused quit a stir by saying "its so big!". They love Apple here and were a bit shocked that I wasn't creaming myself over it. However, my friend bought one and I had a play. It was nice. It doesn't feel anything like my 4s so it'll take a bit of getting use to. But I think the size difference is the only downside TBH. On a plus side, I sold my iPad Mini and a camera which almost pay for the phone. Bonus :)
I've still got a week or so to wait for mine as there were no white ones anywhere in China when I ordered. :(

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Think im due an upgrade, will check tomo. What are peoples contracts like? At the mo im paying 37 a month with everything free, lots of data etc.