ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 5S Repair Costs (got wet)

Cayman S Edition 1
My phone managed to fall out of my pocket whilst cleaning the car, in to the bucket of water and has now developed intermittent signal issues.

Having never had to repair a phone before, does anyone have a rough idea how much it might be and where's the best place to send it?

Just what I need the day before my birthday!!!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Probably will never work properly again.
Out of warranty replacement from apple is £206.44

People i know have used these guys before with mixed results. https://www.mendmyi.com/

Listerine & Poledo
Just get as much stuff off of it as you can then chuck it straight in the bin.
Water damage can begin with a little issue then, much like rust, will spread to more components until it becomes properly, 100% knackered.
In the days of Nokia 5110s, you had a better chance of saving the phone, but much less likely now

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Don't chuck it if you want to get an out of warranty replacement. They need the old one.

Cayman S Edition 1
Just realised I have it insured with my bank. They've accepted it as a claim and will turn it around in 3 working days. have to pay £100 excess which isn't too bad and certainly cheaper than a new phone.

Thanks for all the replies though guys.