ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 3GS Stuck in Recovery Mode

2014 Focus Titanium
Hi,

I decided I wanted to eBay my iPhone since upgrading, but was running iOS5 Beta 7 and thought it would be best if I was going to sell it to put 4.3.x back on for safety's sake.

Anyway, tried to follow rhysbartley's advice from here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...go-backwards&p=8017356&viewfull=1#post8017356 but I seem to get every Apple error under the sun, usually a different one each time! I've had 20, 2005, 3194, 1604, etc.

I've tried 4.3.5, 4.3.3, tried using iReb and Tiny Umbrella and to no avail. After this I thought sod it I'll just go back to 5 Beta 7 with Itunes Beta 7 but now that won't work either, I just get the same old errors. I've also tried 3 different PCs and numerous USB ports.

Has anyone else ever had these problems, and does anyone have any good advice?

Cheers

If you have the most recent (dev) iTunes then you should be okay.

Can you get it into DFU mode and try it?

I think you'd get more with it on iOS5 anyway.

2014 Focus Titanium
If you have the most recent (dev) iTunes then you should be okay.

Can you get it into DFU mode and try it?

I think you'd get more with it on iOS5 anyway.

It's constantly in DFU Mode. I have tried with iTunes Beta 7 and iOS Beta 7. The only thing I can think of now is possibly waiting for Beta 8 and trying to run with that. Other than that I'm stumped!

Regarding your last point, hindsight is a wonderful thing and I wish I had just left it as it was!

I posted it in some other similar threads today and have had three people reply that it worked for them too, and nobody so far saying it hasn't worked. And yes, everything was still on my iPad; contacts, web bookmarks, all photos, nothing was changed. It just didn't update to iOS 7. After I got it working again I just used wifi and upgraded to iOS 7 over the air with no problems, using it as I type this. If you're still stuck, trying this will not endanger anything at all on your device. Worth a try at least, and I'm guessing it'll work for you to recover lost data of iPhone stuck in recovery mode. Good luck!

Hi,

I decided I wanted to eBay my iPhone since upgrading, but was running iOS5 Beta 7 and thought it would be best if I was going to sell it to put 4.3.x back on for safety's sake.

Anyway, tried to follow rhysbartley's advice from here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...go-backwards&p=8017356&viewfull=1#post8017356 but I seem to get every Apple error under the sun, usually a different one each time! I've had 20, 2005, 3194, 1604, etc.

I've tried 4.3.5, 4.3.3, tried using iReb and Tiny Umbrella and to no avail. After this I thought sod it I'll just go back to 5 Beta 7 with Itunes Beta 7 but now that won't work either, I just get the same old errors. I've also tried 3 different PCs and numerous USB ports.

Has anyone else ever had these problems, and does anyone have any good advice?

Cheers

It is likely a hardware issue such as overheating or something else. That happens in many iPhone users. You could try reinstalling the IOS but if its at 6.1.3. If it doesn't work, iPhone Data Recover tool is a useful choice for you. My friends and I have ever used, get iPhone normal and restore all data with just one click with the software.
Here is the guide you can refer to: how to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode

Ph1 ITB'd 172
It is likely a hardware issue such as overheating or something else. That happens in many iPhone users. You could try reinstalling the IOS but if its at 6.1.3. If it doesn't work, iPhone Data Recover tool is a useful choice for you. My friends and I have ever used, get iPhone normal and restore all data with just one click with the software.

It's also likely, that 2 years on, he has upgraded his phone.

2014 Focus Titanium

It's also likely, that 2 years on, he has upgraded his phone.

Yeah, I'm on my third phone since then, thanks anyway though!

merdesa
I posted it in some other similar threads today and have had three people reply that it worked for them too, and nobody so far saying it hasn't worked. And yes, everything was still on my iPad; contacts, web bookmarks, all photos, nothing was changed. It just didn't update to iOS 7. After I got it working again I just used wifi and upgraded to iOS 7 over the air with no problems, using it as I type this. If you're still stuck, trying this will not endanger anything at all on your iPhone Data Recovery. Worth a try at least, and I'm guessing it'll work for you to recover lost data of iPhone stuck in recovery mode. Good luck!

I now have her crappy old laptop that does have an early 2013 backup in iTunes. But I can't Restore and Update. Now I get error 21 when doing so. I've disabled MS Security Essentials and updated the OS as well as iTunes to no avail...still failing. I've tried a few times to see if I get any other errors but now it's just the 21 one. I did see a couldn't reach device of iPhone stuck in recovery mode once but not in the past few tries. Any thoughts on that one?

Last edited:
  BMW
kelvin G said:
It is likely a hardware issue such as overheating or something else. That happens in many iPhone users. You could try reinstalling the IOS but if its at 6.1.3. If it doesn't work, iPhone Data Recover tool is a useful choice for you. My friends and I have ever used, get iPhone normal and restore all data with just one click with the software.Here is the guide you can refer to: how to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode.
Put your iPhone into DFU Mode and restore. I think you can have a try.