ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 3GS - Rough Pitted Screen

This is quite strange. My iPhone screen is completely blemish free, not a single mark on it anywhere. However, in a couple of spots, it's developed a 'pitted' surface. It's not visible at all, but it can definitely be felt.

This sounds like nothing, but it actually seriously hampers the iPhone interface. Not functionally, just that from a tactile point of view, it's not the same when the fingers don't glide.

Has anyone else heard or experienced this problem? I reckon I may have to take it to an Apple store TBH.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Tom do they move everything over for you in store?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah was thinking that, so just transfer onto the new one when you get home.

Barge
Yep, defo get a new one. Mines been a little sketchy really when I touch it, but I'm blaming the screen protector, ATM.

Surely something like thats down to wear and tear? coins in pocket etc?

Bit of jewlers rouge should sort it i'd have thought.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Maybe (therte is no tests for that though iirc)

I was gunna go with stick him in a bathtub, see if he can get out.

Mine has this i think. Parts of the screen have a "matt" feel to them. its right on the edge so is nay bother mind you.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The coating on the 3gs screen is soo good i wouldnt want to protect it.

Seemingly doesnt wear well at all.