ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad Pro

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
The pro does not have 1/4 of the functionality of an Air2...Ridiculous statement.

It might not be running OSX but I'd rather pick up a iPP than a Surface for everyday stuff every day of the week.
He meant 1/4 functionality of a laptop. As much as they have marketed it as a laptop replacement it really isn't for the majority of people who actually needed a laptop in the first place.
Most people who think they need a laptop really just need a tablet in the first place.

Listerine & Poledo
He meant 1/4 functionality of a laptop. As much as they have marketed it as a laptop replacement it really isn't for the majority of people who actually needed a laptop in the first place.
Most people who think they need a laptop really just need a tablet in the first place.

"I need to turn over these spreadsheets, add them to a document and create a presentation off of the back of them

I KNOW! I'll do it on an iPad, that'll be much quicker and easier than a mouse and full-plate keyboard"
Said no-one outside of Shoreditch marketing agencies.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
"I need to turn over these spreadsheets, add them to a document and create a presentation off of the back of them

I KNOW! I'll do it on an iPad, that'll be much quicker and easier than a mouse and full-plate keyboard"
Said no-one outside of Shoreditch marketing agencies.

It's okay though because for an extra £79 you can get the pen. That'll be worth while...

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Got mine today, I've just set it up so not had a chance to play yet, but it's so much bigger, lighter and less cumbersome than my iPad 4 (iirc).

Initial thoughts are that Cs is offensively small on the regular iPad now, especially the photoshop thread. Can't wait to try out photoshop on the big screen!

My keyboard case came the other day so I've been eager to try them together... The new keyboard is immensely better than the old third party offering, I'm not sure whether this is down to size again or what, but I barely used my old keyboard for documents.

...also, I had to update the iOS of the old iPad to get pages to work again... It's now as slow as half the population using UK roads at the moment, cheers Apple.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
My wife loves her pro, my son's mini looks like a postage stamp compared.

She's still getting to grips with it all but seems happy enough. [emoji106]

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
My IPP got delivered last week, love it.

Unfortunately it has two dead pixels so will have to go back :(

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I had a play with a Pro on Sunday when my phone was being replaced and just wasn't convinced. The device was fine to handle/use and the screen was undeniably great but the one thing I couldn't help but fixate on, was the huge waste of space with iOS icons/folders... They just seemed MASSIVE!

I know it'll weigh more but I'd genuinely prefer to carry a 15" MBP around especially for using LR, PS, AutoCAD. I did like Calendar and Mail on it though and I'm a heavy user of those two apps.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I had a play with a Pro on Sunday when my phone was being replaced and just wasn't convinced. The device was fine to handle/use and the screen was undeniably great but the one thing I couldn't help but fixate on, was the huge waste of space with iOS icons/folders... They just seemed MASSIVE!

I know it'll weigh more but I'd genuinely prefer to carry a 15" MBP around especially for using LR, PS, AutoCAD. I did like Calendar and Mail on it though and I'm a heavy user of those two apps.

If you need the extra functionality, like you seem to, you'll need a MacBook.

The iPad pro 100% is what the iPad should be IMO. It's perfect for everything tablet users need.

I'm tying this on my iPad at the moment and the keyboard is just so cramped in comparison, it never really used to bother me apart from on large documents. The extra space on the iPad pro (and the keyboard) are perfect for typing. The screen size is bang on, and with my case/keyboard it comes to just over a kilogram iirc which is a fair bit heavier than the regular iPad but I don't really care, the pro is so much thinner and nicer to hold.

Has anyone bought/used the pencil?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's replacement time for my 13" MBP and I want a larger screen so thought I'd give the ProPad a go. It's deffo going to be the 15" MBP for the next 3yrs for me.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Til, using th'ipad pro out of its case. I haven't done that since buying it.

It's just epic. I'm even using it in portrait, wouldn't dream of using a regular iPad in portrait lol

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Til, using th'ipad pro out of its case. I haven't done that since buying it.

It's just epic. I'm even using it in portrait, wouldn't dream of using a regular iPad in portrait lol

It's quite heavy with a case on. Even with the £115 Apple case it's bulky at best.

Love mine though, perfect companion to my 27 iMac.

Just to update, went to the dreaded apple store just before Christmas to look at pro's, though the 13" was too small & the 15" didn't look that nice (too much space under the keyboard) which put me off. I wouldn't be comfortable spending £1600 on it, so at the moment I haven't bothered :(