ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad 1 - Uses Now?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Anyone else still got an original iPad 1? If so, what are you using it for? I still have one and for some reason I'm not wanting to get rid of it like I do my other Apple devices I no longer use. It does seem to be borderline useless now. Can't download any apps as they all require a later version of iOS than v5 that's on it. So, other than punting it off to music magpie for £30, thoughts?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Use it as a digital photo frame/music player and keep it for a few years until Apple fanboys are willing to pay mega bucks for an original iPad after everyone else has thrown them out.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Use it as a digital photo frame/music player and keep it for a few years until Apple fanboys are willing to pay mega bucks for an original iPad after everyone else has thrown them out.

Hmm. Not a bad idea for the photo frame. Not sure where I'd put it though. Music player would be good if you could get Apple Music streaming service on it but you can't.

It did cross my mind if it'd go up in value a bit. Not enough to retire on but a bit would be nice.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Give it to the kids maybe? (If you have any)

The wee lad did have it but as pretty much all apps are now incompatible due to the iPad only going up to iOS 5 it became useless to him. We got him a mini at Christmas to replace it.