ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS7 - Features/Screenshots

Rav4
Just doesn't look like Apple,

Seems a combination of Android and Windows Phone.

​New functionality welcome, but the look is nothing like I had expected.

I updated the dodgy way and it works fine.

I don't like having to swipe between pages within folders now, having to relearn where all my apps are FTL.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Looks massively android inspired. Everything on their "revolution" page that I have seen had already been done by Android, going back to 2011.
I imagine it will run pretty smooth but it's hardly new tech.

Just beware with updating without a UDID registered. I believe this happened with iOS 6 and it allowed it to be run initially but then devices started to be disabled.

I have been running it today and there are a few bugs and WhatsApp retains the old keyboard and is a little buggy but overall its nice. I can't get on with the Safari icon still but it's becoming less and less in your face as I use it. I would like them to add a way of closing all your apps quickly, the older way was slower to close one app but to close everything it was much quicker. Battery life is also terrible but that is more than expected in beta.

The screenshots don't really do it justice, once its up and running everything is really very nice and the transition between apps is very elegant and feels even more polished than an already polished iOS 6 (this is one thing that bugs me about android, it just never feels polished on any of the variants).

Last edited:
  An orange one
Wow it's certainly different from the apple style we all know and love, not sure if I like it at the moment but once the new phones come out we won't have a choice anyways so it will soon become second nature

Just beware with updating without a UDID registered. I believe this happened with iOS 6 and it allowed it to be run initially but then devices started to be disabled.

Cheers for the heads up, I'll look to getting mine registered sooner rather than later.

Played with it most f today and decided it is fully awesome. A bit buggy here and there but it's a beta.

700% operating system IMO.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I like it, I am an ex-Android user and there are some similarities there for sure, looking forward to this as iOS has been very 'samey' for a while and needed a proper refresh.

Tesla MP3 2021
I am loving it so far, it's a total breath of fresh air!

​C.J, what wallpaper is that?

Personally I don't really care if it may look similar to Android. It's very clearly still iOS, but now has a much needed visual refresh.

Also let us not forget that everyone else copied what Apple did in 2007. Although regardless I agree, copying is not something Apple are associated with. They probably left this way too late, but regardless, the result is brilliant.

BTW does Android do the 3D layering thing? Genuine question. I really don't know.

Rav4
Personally I don't really care if it may look similar to Android. It's very clearly still iOS, but now has a much needed visual refresh.

Also let us not forget that everyone else copied what Apple did in 2007. Although regardless I agree, copying is not something Apple are associated with. They probably left this way too late, but regardless, the result is brilliant.

Very well said :)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Only thing I'm not sure about is losing tabs in safari and having to do a windows aero type thing to scroll through the windows.

I constantly use tabs with 7 sites I keep open.

Clio 197
Looking good, i am sure much more development will go into this before its released. A refresh was completely needed!

Clio 197
Any sign of time/date stamp on photos yet? EDIT - ignore me, just seen it on another thread that it does featue in iOS 7 ;)

f**king finally!
Cannot believe you have to download a third party app to see when you took a photo!
Apple are such retards in some small little things like that.

BG 182
got this 20 minutes ago. its awesome, love the swipe to delete feature when closing apps. The whole visual is like already mentioned 'android' like but i love it.

i think i described it to a colleague as 'colourful' and 'fun' which is exactly what was needed.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
f**king finally!
Cannot believe you have to download a third party app to see when you took a photo!
Apple are such retards in some small little things like that.

Tell me about it mate. Its ridiculous.

Another question. Will it back date to all old photos and videos?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Sweet. Looking forward to this then. Cheers

Not sure why everyone is rushing to download it. Personally I'd rather wait for the gold version to be released. I have heard of numerous minor errors which just isn't worth downloading.