ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IOS 8

It really isn't that bad, I've hardly had Amy issues at all since 8.0.2, no app crashes, even facebook is ok, I just have a single app issue, the owa app, but that's up to microsoft to update it.

Safari webpages keep coming uknwih an error message and refreshing, even the settings menu keeps crashing. Useless

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Almost as long as Microsoft XBox One did with needing a constant connection to the Net

320d M Sport
You'll be pleased to know that camera roll returns in 8.1

At least it should do. As with all beta's its subject to change.

Happy about that. It's just common sense to give the user the option of how it looks.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Settings>Privacy>Location Services. You'll see a list of your apps.

Any app that is using location services will have a purple arrow next to it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Time zone and location based alert both on. Don't need those!

cheers.

I'm getting sick of this phone. I keep getting blank spaces in my emails when I delete one. And I was just in a call trying to write something down in notepad and it wouldn't let me type at all. Get your sh!t together Apple

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Downloaded i08.2 or whatever it is and now i dont get email's :(. Tried turning off, air plane mode etc and removed my account and then reinstated it again, still no joy. Any ideas?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Joys, so I have the notification for this update but no space on my phone to update it. Having the red marker on it really bugs me lol, I'm betting there's no way to remove this? 😧.

Stupid apple. How does an update require 4.7GB of storage ffs.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't have a computer how am I meant to do that lol. I guess I could use my parents. How much storage do you need if you do that?

Edit, moved it to the third tab now anyway lol.

0159ecc6aad799bd41ef123ef6415092.jpg

SQ5
Plug into any iTunes and away you go.

Don't sync to the library and make sure you've done an iCloud back up before. You can probably backup to the PC actually.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Joys, so I have the notification for this update but no space on my phone to update it. Having the red marker on it really bugs me lol, I'm betting there's no way to remove this? 😧.

Stupid apple. How does an update require 4.7GB of storage ffs.
The reason it's required is for people like you. You're the sort of personal that would go mental if your data was lost and blame Apple. In the same way you're moaning about needing a lot of space for an update. Basically, a lot of space is required to ensure if you lose connection, or your battery dies, your old data is safe.

I'm fairly sure if you don't have a computer the Apple Store will sort you out.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Plug into any iTunes and away you go.

Don't sync to the library and make sure you've done an iCloud back up before. You can probably backup to the PC actually.

Ahh okay I might get it sorted at some point, my phone backs up everytime I put it on charge I think. I'll double check that though.

The reason it's required is for people like you. You're the sort of personal that would go mental if your data was lost and blame Apple. In the same way you're moaning about needing a lot of space for an update. Basically, a lot of space is required to ensure if you lose connection, or your battery dies, your old data is safe.

I'm fairly sure if you don't have a computer the Apple Store will sort you out.

People like me? Thanks for clearing that up though.

Yeah I'd rather just use my parents, I think the nearest apple store is in milton keynes so a bit of a trek just to update a phone lol.

I'm quite happy with how it is for now (see pic above) cheers for the info chaps.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ahh okay I might get it sorted at some point, my phone backs up everytime I put it on charge I think. I'll double check that though.

People like me? Thanks for clearing that up though.

Yeah I'd rather just use my parents, I think the nearest apple store is in milton keynes so a bit of a trek just to update a phone lol.

I'm quite happy with how it is for now (see pic above) cheers for the info chaps.

Yeah I didn't mean that offensively. But your are, by way of your last post, someone that moans when Apple do something you don't like.

So what they do is mitigate that risk with a safe upgrade.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I didn't mean that offensively. But your are, by way of your last post, someone that moans when Apple do something you don't like.

So what they do is mitigate that risk with a safe upgrade.

Well now you explained why I can understand it now. I thought the update itself was that big or something lol.

Seems fair enough, if maybe a slight pain in the ass for people like me that have 8GB and no computer. I need to pop round the parents anyway so I'll just do it then :).

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
f**king hate this update, on my iPad when using Google when i press a couple of letters say for eg cl for cliosport it automatically searches something else with cl

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I restored my iPhone 5 as a new phone at the weekend, which seems to have improved battery life. Early days though.

It also cleared 4GB of 'other', which in a 16GB phone, was becoming a bit intrusive.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My mate just synced his iPhone 4 then tried to back up to his iPhone 5S and only half his pictures made it over (space is fine) any ideas why?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
f**king hate this update, on my iPad when using Google when i press a couple of letters say for eg cl for cliosport it automatically searches something else with cl

Not impressed with it on my iPad 3.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

CBR1000RR Fireblade
This starting to boil my piss now!!!

No matter how many fresh installs, backup and restores I do, I seem to keep getting different bugs or my phone crashes!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've not really had any issues since 8.02, except for the owa app, but that just needs an update.

I've even stopped having the double words at the beginning of a sentence now I think.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Not having the time in Safari is really grinding my gears!!!!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I've got the freshest update on my iPhone 5 and my phone constantly turns off then when I turn it back on it says "You need to enter your passcode after rebooting" or something along them lines. :(

Is there a fix?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Does anyone know if you can turn off the voice message option within text messages? It keeps recording them and sending them of it's own will!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Things that work with Yosemite, i.e. SMS Relay & Instant Hotspot.
Apple Pay, not that it'll work in the UK I don't think?
Camera Roll's back, along with iCloud Photo Library.
Other than that just bug fixes... of which I hope there are plenty lol.

FF Clio 182
Apple Pay isn't out in the UK until 2015.

Some features they couldn't release until Yosemite was out, hence the release of 8.1. They could have put all the features into 8 and released them along side each other, only issue having iOS and OS X coming out on the same day would be it destroying Apple servers.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Installed this on my ipad, can't get on with it. Why do they make stupid pointless changes just to make it different from before? Wish I had just stuck with what was on there tbh.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Still rocking with iOS7 - still too many bad reviews/bug reports for iOS8 that I can put up with the red exclamation mark for a little while longer.