ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IOS 8

When plugged in? Disable the hey Siri thing

It does it when plugged in and not to be honest. Never even knew that 'hey siri' thing existed.
I've turned it off now though, even though I don't think ive ever uttered those words in my life. Actually might as well turn off Siri altogether; I never use it.

Maybe I've been having Siri dreams?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
It does it when plugged in and not to be honest. Never even knew that 'hey siri' thing existed.
I've turned it off now though, even though I don't think ive ever uttered those words in my life. Actually might as well turn off Siri altogether; I never use it.

Maybe I've been having Siri dreams?

If it was activating itself, it's likely an issue with your home button, as that is what causes Siri to be activated, other than hey Siri obviously.

The trouble is, you can't fully turn off Siri / voice control, so the only way to solve it is a repair / replacement.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If it was activating itself, it's likely an issue with your home button, as that is what causes Siri to be activated, other than hey Siri obviously. The trouble is, you can't fully turn off Siri / voice control, so the only way to solve it is a repair / replacement.

Its a feature of iOS 8 sir.

Anyone else having an issue whereby any new contacts added in iOS 8 do not have the custom label option available? Very irksome.

FF Clio 182
Anyone else had airdrop stop working since installing 8.1 ? I can see my phone via my MacBook but can't see my MacBook on my phone.

SQ5
Anyone got handoff to work? I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong or what? Being Apple I just expected it to work. It is turned on on both devices.

Just updated to software to 8.1, great camera roll is back! .. but all shared photo stream albums have gone, even checking on my iPad which is still on 7.something and they've gone from the account there too.

Any idea why? I had photos in there not saved elsewhere!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Since updating to 8.1 the batteries in my 6 and wife's 6 dont last at all. Even when not used they drop significantly. Use it for a short period and its properly raped.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Not sure if this is iphone 6 related, or ios8, but I can no longer use personal hotspot to a windows device?

It just connects, then insta disconnects.

Haven't tested it on a Mac yet. But have on multiple windows machines.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Not sure if this is iphone 6 related, or ios8, but I can no longer use personal hotspot to a windows device?

I was hotspotting the other day to my chromebook. Seemed to be working ok.

I have the newest version of ios8 on my iPhone 5.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate

I was using personal hotspot with one of our Panasonic Toughbooks the other day on a breakdown and had no issues.

I'm still on 7. When the first bugs were announced I decided to wait for 8.1. Now I'm wondering if it's worth changing as I've no issues with 7 and hate change.

What are peoples favourite features of 8 over 7?

Inferno 182 CUP
Can't understand people that never upgrade .. It's free and it improves an already good system what reason is there not to change

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Can't understand people that never upgrade .. It's free and it improves an already good system what reason is there not to change

Because it's a well known fact that it slows down older devices, far beyond what you would expect for a minor graphical change. Whether that is a deliberate move to make users upgrade to newer devices, or just horrifically bad programming, is a matter of opinion.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I miss the fact it doesn't display the time in Safari the most.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Because it's a well known fact that it slows down older devices, far beyond what you would expect for a minor graphical change. Whether that is a deliberate move to make users upgrade to newer devices, or just horrifically bad programming, is a matter of opinion.

I was told it was due to the processor or whatever it is only being able to take a certain amount of updates before it goes to s**t.

Hence my 4 running iOS 7 being borderline unusable. So I won't be upgrading to the new iOS until it's a major overhaul.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I was told it was due to the processor or whatever it is only being able to take a certain amount of updates before it goes to s**t.

Hence my 4 running iOS 7 being borderline unusable. So I won't be upgrading to the new iOS until it's a major overhaul.
How much has actually changed? Slightly different theme, updated (supposedly better optimized) processes, couple of new apps... and your phone runs at half the speed. Not even Windows 8 is that bad.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
How much has actually changed? Slightly different theme, updated (supposedly better optimized) processes, couple of new apps... and your phone runs at half the speed. Not even Windows 8 is that bad.

Yup, new look, worse undeletable apps and a slower operating speed.

I had to do this update though because I couldn't access my pages documents on any device without the update :(

Then I couldn't use my atv with the new iOS without updating its os :(

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I'm still on 7. When the first bugs were announced I decided to wait for 8.1. Now I'm wondering if it's worth changing as I've no issues with 7 and hate change.

What are peoples favourite features of 8 over 7?

After using it since release, the only thing I like is SwiftKey. Alot of the other features I don't seem to use.

Copy links and copy and paste doesn't work properly which really annoys me.

See, the ability to copy and paste which I use umpteen times a day, is much more of a concern from a usability point of view, than to purely upgrade for the sake of it.

I shall stick to what I know. Thanks for the feedback.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i prefer 7 to 8. My iPad has gone s**t ever since gone onto 8. Poorer batter life, it's horrible on safari.

I want to go back onto 7 too

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I'd like to go back to 7 too, preferred that and have given time to adjust with 8 but would like 7 back. Somehow I don't think there's much chance of that though.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd ask how you go about finding and installing said file but I don't even have a computer. Wonder if its something they could do in an apple store.

Peddled device
What I hate about iOS8 is when you open a page in Safari and then leave it to look at another. It seems that the data is lost from the first page you opened, and you need to DL it again to see it. This really fcuks me off when i'm underground on the subway and theres no signal. Boy do I really hate it....as much as I do Robin Thicke !!!