ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inventory software

Bit of a random one, but thought we may have someone here who could offer some advice.

I need to create an inventory for a lot of stock and equipment at work, which is currently dotted around a few locations.
The brief is that ideally it needs to be accessed by multiple users - iPhone/android app would be perfect, so they can update is when they take/add something.
I need to be able to add information for each item - such as size/diameter/quantity and photo of each object.
Barcodes or VR codes are something that ive thought of, but it would probably more work than necessary.
I found an app on the app store (Inventory Scanner x) which seemed to do the job - but only seems limited to one user and can't clarify whether upgrading would be what I need.

I could just take a laptop and manually create an excel doc with a listed inventory but I think the photo/being able to access it on phones part is quite vital.

Anyone any ideas?

This sounds like one of those times where you have two choices:
1) Make something work, despite not really being designed for it, probably for free
2) Buy something which will work perfectly

The need to be able to access from a phone makes it much more difficult - an Access database centralised would work very nicely for almost nothing (just time to create), but access from phones would need custom pages/plugins etc etc, so not worth it over paying for some genuine inventory software.

Excel sheet.. on a cloud service/VPN?
Thats really my back up plan, google sheets shared between users. I really want to avoid this as its pretty clunky and I don't think the images will work very well.

This sounds like one of those times where you have two choices:
1) Make something work, despite not really being designed for it, probably for free
2) Buy something which will work perfectly

The need to be able to access from a phone makes it much more difficult - an Access database centralised would work very nicely for almost nothing (just time to create), but access from phones would need custom pages/plugins etc etc, so not worth it over paying for some genuine inventory software.
This is something work - will more likely than not be a bit messy and lacking something.
I have looked over options to buy but paid options seem to cater to massive warehouses and so would be pretty much overkill for my needs.

I've found a web-based solution (https://canvusapps.com) - which seems, so far to be everything I'm looking for.
I'm going to spend the majority of tomorrow putting the gear on there, I've done a few tests and it seems pretty perfect so far.
What it's like after several hundred items I don't know...yet...