ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance for 'pool car'

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Housemate and I have moved closer to work. Instead of doing 40 miles a day we're struggling to hit 5 ! :approve:

It's great not having to commute TBH.

Anyway, we were talking about getting a cheap as you like car, something very sub £1k to use as workhorse/shopping/commuting car but a quick comparison online suggests I may as well invest in a helicopter...

Any ideas how 2 people can insure a car (legally preferably!) with NCB tied up elsewhere ?

I'm not paying 4 figures to insure a car worth less than my phone.

:dapprove:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Admiral Multicar?

I know the scottish jew raved about them a while back.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Interesting comment about Sky .. thanks

I'm with Greenlight at the moment and Dan's with Endsleigh (the cheapest for him on the //E46 surprisingly!). I will call them once the world goes back to work.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'd call your current insurer and ask if they'll mirror the no claims onto another car for you.

Explain you don't want to drive the scoob etc and see what they suggest.

Then if Dan is fully comp with drive other car's enabled, he won't need to insure it in his name and can just drive it full party.