ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance companies are theiving *******'s

Stealth 438'd 182
let me explain.. about a year ago now in my corsa SRi a woman drives into me in a car park i was stationary... i couldnt move for cars infront and behind me..so i held the horn down and cringed.. entirely nothing i could possibly do! and because of that.. my insurance went up £100 on top of an already high premium on the 182... because.. and i quote:

'because someone crashed into you and you had a NON fault claim.. you're more likely within 3 years to have an at fault claim..

.. i felt kind of bad for the bollocking i gave the guy on the end of the phone and the remarks i made about his crystal ball and predicting next weeks lottery numbers for me..

but srsly wtf?!

anyone else had any incidents with insurance companies having the pants around your ankles?

Lionel Richie
they do make up the rules as they go along, i love the bit "i'm just going to put you on hold whilst i check with my manager......................................that'll be £3163.23"

Stripped yozza'd cup
Surely the whole idea of the 'fault' system is that they can charge the people who cause the crashes..... what a load of b****cks.

That's the one problem with it being a legal requirement in this country, they can rob you blind and there's nothing you can do.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Same happened to myself a few years ago and to my girlfriend this year. I told them it's ridiculous and the guy basically said what you've quoted and it's based on stats etc. I think he might gave knocked the difference off though.

Stealth 438'd 182
i managed to get £20 knocked off in the end but still cost me £80 for someone elses bad driving!!

MR2 Mk1.5
Not all insurers will load for non-fault claims but it is true, statistically speaking, you are more likely to make another claim if you have had a non fault claim. .

I see it as unfair but as with most things insurance related, the load is dictated by claims statistics.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Monaro VXR
They do have these odd little ways of scamming money of out you. Guy on the C4 forum repeatedly got quoted more for using his garage than just sticking his car on the road. How a locked and secure garage costs more to insure than it sitting on the road is beyond me.

Lol, they tried to shaft me an extra £900 cause some cnut in a bmw hit me.

That claim still isnt settled. :dead:

They do have these odd little ways of scamming money of out you. Guy on the C4 forum repeatedly got quoted more for using his garage than just sticking his car on the road. How a locked and secure garage costs more to insure than it sitting on the road is beyond me.

More chance of it burning down if the house catches fire....

Clio 172 Cup
I had a lorry crash into my parked Vectra while at work a few years ago, still makes my insurance higher to this day.

Didn't effect my no claims or cost me a penny at the time. Until I renewed my insurance for the last 3 years. You got to declare the claim for 5 to I think?

Clio 1970000000
Just renewed my insurance. Wife had 2 non fault claims last year (1 was in a car park and she wasn't even in the car) and I can't protect my no claims because of it so she is off the policy. Had a long chat with the insurance company and in the old days, non fault claims were ignored but now everything is factored in. The sales person has no idea what the premium will be, it's all just a computer algorithm. Definitely a scam IMO which is why so many drivers are uninsured. Penalty is to light and chances of being caught are too small.

Qashcow

I heard that it's because you are more likely to hit the Walls/entrance of the garage and make a claim than if you parked outside. Ludicrous as it drops the likelihood of it being damaged by some yoofs

Not all insurance companies increase it for garage, flux dropped mine if garaged

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
they do make up the rules as they go along, i love the bit "i'm just going to put you on hold whilst i check with my manager......................................that'll be £3163.23"

Its funny, but a couple of years ago the people on the phone used to be hesitant at anything that sort of price, and advised going elsewhere and how they weren't competitive. Now though they say it with confidence and pride, like its a good deal :S