ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance claim issue.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
As per being told to do so by Davvy.

Right, sisters car was involved in a smash a few weeks ago.
Some c**t lost control of his car and smashed into 7 cars all parked up.
She rang her insurance/spoke to the police etc.

It was all going through his insurance and she had a settlement figure done by an assessor but now his insurance company are claiming that he doesn't hold a policy with them.

She's got no clue of who to speak to (neither have I).
She checked and according to the MIB he is insured with them but now they're saying he's not.

Help CS

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Sisters insurance company to invoke legal cover and fight for her.

If she doesn't have that, her house insurance probably does, use that.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
2D72B6BD-BC15-4F96-9573-1E1E23AA5CB6_zpslaqwkvwi.png

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
If you have reg of car, and Ask Mid say it is insured, then go to third party insurer and say it is insured. If they say no its not us. Then The police or her insurers should be able to find out who he is insured with.

Has it been reported to police, or just a chat?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
If you have reg of car, and Ask Mid say it is insured, then go to third party insurer and say it is insured. If they say no its not us. Then The police or her insurers should be able to find out who he is insured with.

Has it been reported to police, or just a chat?
Police were called to the scene straight after the accident. Road closed etc.
All the parked cars had a police letter on them.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
How can they then around and say he's not insured if their details come up against his reg? Seems to me they just got 7 claims against the wanker and are trying to be as obstructive as possible because it's going to cost them a fortune. Tell the pigs.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
In all fairness, a vehicle showing on MID does not mean it's insured.

Also you are not allowed to use MID to check vehicles that don't belong to you, so from a legal standpoint- you can't use that as an argument either.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Is there not someone who all insurance companies report too?? They are point blank refusing to accept that he is insured with them.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
In all fairness, a vehicle showing on MID does not mean it's insured.

Also you are not allowed to use MID to check vehicles that don't belong to you, so from a legal standpoint- you can't use that as an argument either.
That's not true. This isn't the quick and easy check. You can see in the pic that it's to do with a claim and shows the 3rd party reg etc.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Also, MID is the central database of all vehicle insurance. I assume you have used: http://www.askmid.com/askmidenquiry.aspx
It is very unlikely for that to be incorrect, put possible and may warrant giving teh MIB, who run the MID a call.

As said above, Insureers will try and wriggle out of things.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They all answer to the Ombudsman mate. They also get fined £500 for every letter of complaint.

Still, if her insurance company settle her out and leave a claim on her file then it's not terrible, they won't fork out money if they can claim it back so they will fight it. I don't really see the big deal at the moment, she's covered all over by her own insurance.

Oh and stop listening to copart, they'really detached from the process and only sell and deal in salvage not the ins and outs.

Text me if you want anymore help dude.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
FLOL. Just issue proceedings against his insurers directly. They will s**t bricks.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I know it involves a female so it'll be difficult, but can she not just approach this with some logic.

Phone the police and state that the insurance company are claiming the fella isn't insured with them, so can they please prosecute for driving with no insurance.

If they look into it and confirm he is insured, phone insurer, state police have confirmed he's insured.

Approach legal cover on house or car insurance.

If none, approach private solicitor for advice.

On second thoughts, I've just re-read it and it's f**king mental.

Someone has taken her car and given her a courtesy... His insurer no doubt?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I haven't read it all but I used to work for an insurance company. When the car that caused the accident wasn't insured the claim would go through the MIB under the insurer which last had that car insured according to MID. We used to just go through MID with older and older dates until we found cover for the car and then use that.

All insurance companies have access to MID and will be able to instantly tell who to go after. We used to look it up on the phone and often tell people who the other person was insured with if they wanted to speak to the other insurance company.

Have you tried looking up the reg of the other cars in the accident to see what their insurance companies are doing. Often the person who "owns" the claim in the insurance company will have 500+ to review so it can take a long time to get any update and the updates are generally generic just to meet call centre KPIs. For the file handler to actually speak to all the other insurance companies would take a long time and their brain might not be able to cope with the stress.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I know it involves a female so it'll be difficult, but can she not just approach this with some logic.

Phone the police and state that the insurance company are claiming the fella isn't insured with them, so can they please prosecute for driving with no insurance.

If they look into it and confirm he is insured, phone insurer, state police have confirmed he's insured.

Approach legal cover on house or car insurance.

If none, approach private solicitor for advice.

On second thoughts, I've just re-read it and it's f**king mental.

Someone has taken her car and given her a courtesy... His insurer no doubt?
No her insurer's will have her in a car whilst coining it in!