ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction kit or panel filter for 182?

Clio RS 200
Hi all just getting a 182 in article blue

Planning on few nice mods

What do u guys recommend first of all......... Induction kit or panel filter?

Which is the best to go for, I here itg panel filter are good choice

Would like something with nice induction sound not too fussed at gains stated by them as had plenty induction kits in past and to be honest I think u get no gains whatsoever

Like the idea of panel filter as there probs do the best job but any available which adds bit induction note???

172 cup
Hi all just getting a 182 in article blue

Planning on few nice mods

What do u guys recommend first of all......... Induction kit or panel filter?

Which is the best to go for, I here itg panel filter are good choice

Would like something with nice induction sound not too fussed at gains stated by them as had plenty induction kits in past and to be honest I think u get no gains whatsoever

Like the idea of panel filter as there probs do the best job but any available which adds bit induction note???

getting my ktec induction Friday so can't comment on that, my itg is good just wanted a bit more grunt, if you are after a second hand itg I'll have one :)

172 cup
Do you get any noise or gains from it bud?

tbh mine come with it when I brought it so I'm not going to compare it, I'm not sure on power or noise but they can be cleaned and re-oiled which is good ( I've just done mine )

Clio RS 200
I had itg panel on my rs200 and I got quite nice induction note from it but majority seem to say makes no difference whatsoever on 182 that I've read?

Forget "gains" as such, the general trend is that you'll be lucky not to LOOSE a tiny/negligible bit of performance if you deviate from the standard airbox.

For performance then, it's standard/V6 airbox + panel filter OR try to get a good quality foam filter behind the headlight with some heatshielding between it and the engine like the KTEC kit. Search "diy induction" or similar and you'll find lots of info on making a KTEC-style kit for half the cost.

Phase 2 clio 172
With an induction kit you'll gain more noise, then you'll find yourself flooring it everywhere which will then make you think it's made a difference lol

172 cup
Forget "gains" as such, the general trend is that you'll be lucky not to LOOSE a tiny/negligible bit of performance if you deviate from the standard airbox.

For performance then, it's standard/V6 airbox + panel filter OR try to get a good quality foam filter behind the headlight with some heatshielding between it and the engine like the KTEC kit. Search "diy induction" or similar and you'll find lots of info on making a KTEC-style kit for half the cost.

Sorry for slight hijack, getting my ktec induction Friday you recon I need a heat shield between that and the engine??? I mean that quite a big gap no?

thanks

No no no.

I'm not saying you need one or you'll loose power if you don't have one. IIRC KTEC style kits have been independently rolling roaded and shown surprising results (i.e. that it borders on gaining the odd NM here and loosing a few there across the rev range)

It's just that colder intake temps are (in as far as I've ever seen though I'm aware some people think there are very very occasional exceptions) advantageous as they result in less dense air = more air into the cylinder. Part of the reason the standard intake setup is so good is that it's enclosed and so keeps intake temps down. As soon as you remove the airbox you remove a very advantageous feature. No harm in trying to "recoup" some of the cold air by making some sort of heatshield up.

http://www.cliosport.net/content.ph...ally-matter-A-short-article-reveals-the-truth

If you like proper explanations, the lower density air increases the "volumetric efficiency" of an engine because it can ingest closer to the theoretical maximum amount of air that you can fit in a cylinder. Torque is also proportional to mass of air burned.

Clio RS 200
check this out on here, tells you all you want to know....
Fastcar Clio 172 Air Filter Test

Good thread cheers

Think I'll go for pipercross or itg panel filter

Best way I reckon to keep standard air box, was impressed with itg on rs200