ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In need of some help.

182 trophy 427
I have a clio trophy and my mate has a mk2 focus rs. For about 2 years we have given a lot of bantar about each other cars but now. He wants to prove hows is better by doing a a track day, quarter of mile and hill climb and poss anything else we can think of to test them. Then I stupidly said lets put some money on it. Hopeing he would back down but he is still in.

So im in need of some advise what can I do to help me win.

Good news is my mate ent the best driver and hasnt got the first clue how to modify a car.

Im a techy so I can do any job myself big or small just need some ideas.
My mates a techy as well as I work with him and he struggles to change a tyre never mind any thing else.

Clio 182
The rs is a better car in every way. However much you bet you may aswell just pay him and save on the trackday and hill climb.

182 trophy 427
Sorry not 213 meant 203 no decat, exhaust, cold air feed
Induction, bigger fuel injectors. Custom re map the dyno was done about 3 years ago now.

Yeah I hate to piss on the bonfire but I doubt you've actually got 203bhp.

Strip it, get the timing checked maybe some decent tyres. Cross your fingers and get some track tuition.

Good luck

Last edited:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Standard mk2 2.0 Clios are about equal (below a ton) to a mk2 Focus ST. The RS is on another level.

If the FRS is running anywhere close to 350/440Nm, I can promise you you won't see which way he went.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just accept his car is quicker? Why wouldn't it be really?

182 trophy 427
the timing is perfect on the car only done that about a 5months ago.

The car has had 3 dyno that I no of one just before I brought it which was 191 and then after the exhaust and and the remap I was then dyno at 195 then after the bigger injectors thats when I got 203. It could be a fluke reading. I have never said his car ent quicker, but I wanna try and give him a run for my money.
I no the rs are quick but they ent that quick or his is rather slow.

182 trophy 427
Tbh I not too sure of hand it was about 2 to 3 years ago I was given them I did need to modify he wiring and the connectors. Theywerent renault ones. I have still got the packet it all came in. I will go and find It in the garage either tomorrow or wednesday. Depends on what time I finish work.

ALY

Focus RS & Clio 172
Your only hope is to adjust the results according to the value of your cars - If he laps in two minutes then you have to beat eight minutes as his is probably worth four times the value of yours!

There is no way a 2.5ltr turbo'd five cylinder Focus is going to be outpaced by 2ltr n/a Clio unless the first is carrying a serious fault or the latter is carrying a serious upgrade.

Alternatively let lots of air out his tyres and get some track tuition for yourself