ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMac Question re. selling/upgrading.

DB.

BMW 440i
Hi all,

Just after a second opinion really.

I own a 27" August 2011 iMac 2.7Ghz and my Dad has said he will buy it off me as he wanted one for my mom now she has retired. We've looked on eBay and sold prices are going for £700-£800. Is this fair or too much? He seems happy with that price, it's just a case of whether I want to sell it and pay the extra for a new one. In the same light, I wouldn't want to overcharge them.

I don't actually want to sell my iMac as it runs perfectly and is like new, but his suggestion is that I can pay e.g. £600 to get a brand new iMac, and he can have this one.

Thoughts? What would you do?

DB.

BMW 440i
How much is it worth to you?

Well it runs perfectly and is honestly like new despite being 3 years old.

From my point of view, it's the cost of change, which if I get student discount will be £475-£550 depending on selling price for the 3.4Ghz 27" 2014 iMac.

Just umming and arring about if it's a good decision. I do love my iMac so it gives me a good opportunity to refresh I suppose (and get the slimmer/modern version). The other half of me says your paying £500ish when theres nothing wrong with the current one though.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Well it runs perfectly and is honestly like new despite being 3 years old.

From my point of view, it's the cost of change, which if I get student discount will be £475-£550 depending on selling price for the 3.4Ghz 27" 2014 iMac.

Just umming and arring about if it's a good decision. I do love my iMac so it gives me a good opportunity to refresh I suppose (and get the slimmer/modern version). The other half of me says your paying £500ish when theres nothing wrong with the current one though.

If It still does everything you need it too kindly decline the offer. I'm sure you can find something better to spend £500+ on.

DB.

BMW 440i
If It still does everything you need it too kindly decline the offer. I'm sure you can find something better to spend £500+ on.

Cheers pal. Nice to have a sensible opinion when my brain just thinks "new + shiny toy". Hmm, will have to think about it for a few days I think but I'm leaning towards no.

DB.

BMW 440i
It's time to upgrade to the 5K iMac now :smiley:

I can't fault the screen quality on my current iMac, and when I can it's due to the service I'm watching, e.g. streaming a film. For that reason, I couldn't justify the £1760 (With Student Discount) for the 5K one!