ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm Buying a Clio Sport

Golf GTI
First things first i'll say hello as i'm a noob here.

My name is Nick and i'm currently driving my second Golf GTI but have decided for a change.

I'm after a 172 and have around £5k to spend (maybie a little more if needed) After driving my step dad's 172 there a very nice quick car and think i've been bitten by the bug lol

I have a few of questions

1.Does any one know of anything i need to look out for?
2.What are the MPG like as i do alot of motorway miles to work?
3.What are the servicing costs?
4.Does anyone have a decent one for sale lol, i've looked in the for sale thread but not sure wich ones are still for sale, i'm in Brum BTW

Thanks in advance :)

Nick

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
i think some people get like 40ish on motorway, i live in london so i get 29 only lol. MPG that is btw :eek:
I always serviced mine at renault, expensive but least its done by the manufacters

im selling mine

Leon Cupra R 225
motorway if your engine is runnning good your hit 40mpg without any problem mate

if it starts you've got a good one!

theres quite a few members from the mids chap ........ welcome and check out the sections .

local meetings
tuning and mechanical
cars for sales

good rough ideas for you

LY V6 with Recaros
Welcome to cs. I usually average about 33mpg arong town, but it's more on motorways.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
1.Does any one know of anything i need to look out for?
From owning mine:
Exhausts are pile of poo, £5k mark is also the 5ish/72k year old mark so check cambelts,aux belts have been done, gearbox's are made from butter so check for notches, check dampers, engine mounts seems to go alot to, so check for knocking.
2.What are the MPG like as i do alot of motorway miles to work?
Normal a road driving i get 30mpg, motorway 40+ at about 70mph
3.What are the servicing costs?
12k about £150-200
cambelt about £400-£600

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
They are great little cars.Just make sure the big services have been done.Full service book is a must.If anything missing or you think they have skimped on something then walk away,it will bite you in the ass in the long run

welcome by the way

ian

Ad

MK2 FRS
welcome to CS mate.

the advice given is pretty sound. Look at condition and spend sometime going through paperwork.