ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iCloud SMS forwarding

Sell me your 197
2 devices, an iPhone 5, an iPhone 6. They have the same iCloud account logged in on them.
One has a Vodafone Australia SIM, the other one a SIM from some sort of UK company.
The iPhone 5 is sitting in Australia, connected to power, Vodafone and the internet via wireless.
The other is in my pocket, on the other side of the world.

If someone texts my Australian number, will it be received by the iPhone 5, and then sent via WiFi to the iPhone 6 which is also on the other side of the world?
If so, and I reply to the Australian text from the UK, will it reply using the UK number or the Australian number?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Not sure? but have you thought about using whatsapp and just updating your number in whatsapp .

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Have you tried the 'Text Message Forwarding' function on the iPhone to see if you can set it up for two iPhones? I have mine setup to go to my iPad and MacBook but not sure if you would be able to add an additional iPhone to this or the 'Send & Receive' option with both numbers in that? Again, you would need to test this but if it works I am assuming your response would be from whichever number the message was received on. Might be a bit hard to test if you don't have a UK number set up as of yet though...