ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to turn service lights off on a 1.2 16v clio on a 53 plate

renault clio
hi have got a 1.2 16v clio on a 53 plate i done the service on the car myself im just wondering is they any way of turning the service light off myself as i know how to do in on vauxhalls but not on clios is it the samw way with using the key in the ignition or is it different where i have to plug it into a computer

i would be gratful if anyone can give me any info on it as i will be gratefull

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Does the service light not mean something is broken, not that it needs a service.

alien green rs133
on a clio the service light is not initiated by milage, if the service light is on there is a problem somewhere, is it just the service light on or is there another light lit, either airbag or electronic warning light usually.

if its airbag light its usually the wires under the passenger seat have a slight break in them, a lil wiggle usually makes it go out again.

failing that you need to have it plugged into an eobd reader

hutchie

renault clio
thanks for getting back in contact with me buts its the service and abs light that comes on but bthey dont come on straight away i can do about 5-10 miles or more before the service and abs light comes on it cant be the brakes as they were done last week at kwik fit and i thought it was them so i had a look and it aint them but the car aint losing power or struggles but the light comes on and its doing my head in now

alien green rs133
abs fault.
not brakes fault

either a sensor is fault/not plugged in
or a ring is cracked,

i would suggest the latter
a visual inspection with the wheel off will determin which one it is.

renault clio
i have had a look at the braking system ands they is nothing wrong with them as that is what i thought it was i have checked the sensors as i got new dicks and pads

like i said before thanks for the help

alien green rs133
are you even reading what im writing....

here ill put it in big letters so you can read it

ITS A ABS FAULT, NOTHING TO DO WITH DISKS OR PADS

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mk5 golf gti
isnt it just the sensor under the passenger seat give it a tug and a rub ;) then it switches off

Mk5 golf gti
WTF has that got to do with ABS rings??!

read the post !
he said the abs an serv light comes on an thats what i get from the connection under the passenger seat
he didnt say he had an as ring problem just that the 2 lights were on
so just voicing my own experiance of that....ok

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
are you even reading what im writing....

here ill put it in big letters so you can read it

ITS A ABS FAULT, NOTHING TO DO WITH DISKS OR PADS

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I think you'll find that he has bought dicks not discs. :D