ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to set up an mono block amplifier

laguna coupe
hi i have a mutant mono block amplifier and i cant set it up for s**t where should i set all the dials to it powering two jbl subs these are the knobs its got on it gain,phase,bass equaliser low frequancy,sub boost,and i think thats it
by the way what does a phase do

muz

big fat japanese bus
firstly how have you wired the subs? in parallel I hope!

Gain should be low turn it all the way off then turn up the volume till you get distortion then turn it back a couple of notches then slowly turn up the gain a couple of degrees till you get distortion then turn it back a couple of notches.

, i take it bass equaliser low freq is low pass filter so set that to about 50 hz,

sub boost is obvious!

phase depends on how you have the subs in your boot

laguna coupe
2257442_85_full.jpg

Polo + Micra
right not set the sub sonic to 20hz

bass eq to 0dB

low pass to 80Hz

phase to 0

Level all the way to the left.

then play a track you would usually listen to find where you max volume is for the mid/highs without distrotion

then get a 50Hz test tone(pm if you need one) then play this set volume to where it was earlier (if you are getting loads of bass trying to be produced by the mids stop and apply a hpf to them) then adjust the level knob on the amp turning it to the right until the speakers start to distort then nudge it back until it's good again and your set

Monaro VXR
All this has just reminded me i really need to sort my my xovers and levels on my amps been playing with them for weeks still cant get it quite how i want it all to sound but plan to spend some time on my car tomorrow giving it a proper wash clay wax polish kinda thing and then spend some time on the sounds trying to get it sorted properly.