ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to change cabin filter?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Does anybody have info/procedure for changing the cabin/pollen filter on a 182? Is it a simple 5minute jobby or a bit tricky to get at?

Turbo Beige
Its not to bad, its located under the slam panel on the drivers side. I think there is three clips to undo and then pull of the plastic panel, you should be able to see where it is once its off. Make sure you put the new one in the right way becasue its a bit of a pain to squeeze in.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Relatively simple and more like 15 mins. The slam panel or scuttle panel is below the windscreen on the outside. Just open the bonnet, remove the panel and unbolt the filter housing. Pinch the filter on its sides to get it in and make sure you follow the airflow instructions. Easy.

Rob669

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys just a quick question. I've just gone to change my cabin filter on my phase two 172, and it didn't have one fitted lol!? So my query is how does the filter sit? Does it just sit length ways over the inlet? Or pushed into the inlet? A Random question I know but because there wasn't an old one, I don't know how it sits!?

Cheers Rob.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
It fits length ways . You have to sort of bend / squash it a little bit to get it in , then once it's in it bends back to it's normal shape . Make sure you get it the right way round too , there are arrows on it showing the direction of airflow .

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate I better change it lol I thought it was pushed into the inlet. God knows why you'd take it out and no replace the old one!