Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to change cabin filter?

Discussion in 'Engine, Gearbox, Exhausts & Running Gear' started by Rhys182, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Rhys182

Rhys182

Car:
    RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
    Does anybody have info/procedure for changing the cabin/pollen filter on a 182? Is it a simple 5minute jobby or a bit tricky to get at?

2. PYE21

PYE21

Car:
    Turbo Beige
    Its not to bad, its located under the slam panel on the drivers side. I think there is three clips to undo and then pull of the plastic panel, you should be able to see where it is once its off. Make sure you put the new one in the right way becasue its a bit of a pain to squeeze in.

3. Rob669

Rob669 ClioSport Club Member

Car:
    172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
    Relatively simple and more like 15 mins. The slam panel or scuttle panel is below the windscreen on the outside. Just open the bonnet, remove the panel and unbolt the filter housing. Pinch the filter on its sides to get it in and make sure you follow the airflow instructions. Easy.

Rob669

4. Rhys182

Rhys182

Car:
    RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
    awesome, thanks guys. give it a crack 2moz if it stays dry enough!

5. Diesel Davis

Diesel Davis

Car:
    Trophy #083
    Hey guys just a quick question. I've just gone to change my cabin filter on my phase two 172, and it didn't have one fitted lol!? So my query is how does the filter sit? Does it just sit length ways over the inlet? Or pushed into the inlet? A Random question I know but because there wasn't an old one, I don't know how it sits!?

Cheers Rob.

6. MRBILLYUK

MRBILLYUK ClioSport Club Member

Car:
    FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
    It fits length ways . You have to sort of bend / squash it a little bit to get it in , then once it's in it bends back to it's normal shape . Make sure you get it the right way round too , there are arrows on it showing the direction of airflow .

7. Diesel Davis

Diesel Davis

Car:
    Trophy #083
    Cheers mate I better change it lol I thought it was pushed into the inlet. God knows why you'd take it out and no replace the old one!