ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much to replace clutch? Quoted £650?

PB 172 phase 2
While driving I have shearing noise start to be audible around 69mph and faster... the shearing noise sounds like its coming from the front passenger wheel area only, if I take my foot off the accelerator at 69MPH the shearing noise stops. I put my foot back down and it happens again??? What is it???

Today a mechanic drove the car and said every time the shearing noise started he dipped the clutch and it stopped, so he is certain it is the clutch.
I need help, does this sound right? £650 parts and he said £500 of that is labour alone.
Im in NW London if anybody knows a decent mechanics for a second opinion?

CS any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've not done one on a clio, but I've done a few now and tbh I'd be fairly happy that I'd manage it in a day, without a ramp.
I suspect that proximity to london wont be helping your labour rate tbh but it feels high to me