ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how low can a mk2 ph1 go?

clio mk2
how low can a mk2 ph1 clio go with out damaging anything? and could you posibly show me some pics? Mines 40mm already but want it lower cause can't really see no differce on 40mm, I'm on 195/45/r16s

chumpmobile
depends, you need coilovers for sure

IMG_0607.jpg

standard 14"s
rokkor coilovers all the way down
so probs 80mm on front and 70mm on back...

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
im honoured my ph1 has been used as an example!!!

in answer to your question......LOW!

however i had to mod my inner wings to stop them hitting on the driveshafts,
and my anti-roll bar was hitting on my chassis rails which may have dome some damage.

as for mick's (the white ph2 on camo wheels) he had removed the anti-roll bar all together to get such stance. which will not do the handling any favours! and he was on airbags!

They can go very low, but trying to do it withouth damaging anything wont be easy!

a few more pics of mine
62.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

32123_415628360856_579425856_4963843_1486544_n.jpg

i know i used a splitter on the front, but it was still very very low!!

Rokkor Coilovers
Custom Rear springs
modded bump stops
25mm spacers
15 x 7j wheels (et38) with 165/50/15 tyres

Last edited:
  Dodgy one
The only Problem i had was the inner wings the tyres would catch and make a racket, Annoyed me so it went back up

BG 182
im honoured my ph1 has been used as an example!!!

in answer to your question......LOW!

however i had to mod my inner wings to stop them hitting on the driveshafts,
and my anti-roll bar was hitting on my chassis rails which may have dome some damage.

as for mick's (the white ph2 on camo wheels) he had removed the anti-roll bar all together to get such stance. which will not do the handling any favours! and he was on airbags!

They can go very low, but trying to do it withouth damaging anything wont be easy!

a few more pics of mine
62.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

32123_415628360856_579425856_4963843_1486544_n.jpg

i know i used a splitter on the front, but it was still very very low!!

Rokkor Coilovers
Custom Rear springs
modded bump stops
25mm spacers
15 x 7j wheels (et38) with 165/50/15 tyres

Thats unbelievably lowww

MK3 GTI golf 16v
as above you need coilies really. my AP coilovers have dropped my car 65mm and there not even half way on the adjusters, could technically have the car and the floor and the wheels off lol.

this pictures when i first put them on, its lower now....not great pic but still

P1030136.jpg

clio mk2
I can get 60mm springs, but would you recomend puttin them on without replacing shocks, or at 60 mm will anything extra need doing

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
60mm wont be that low but will easily work with standard shocks....but not forever!! zero extra mods needed, (except maybe rear archliners removed)
80 should be the same story as 60, however 80mm springs cannot be bought, youll either have to chop the 60mm springs, or get coilovers, but shouldnt be too much modification

i think the topic is, how low can you SAFELY drop a ph1 without any extra modification,

Clancy: you say you could go to the floor, but your ARBs will hit the chassis rails due to the harsh angle of the wishbones,
and the driveshafts will point upwards and hit the inner wing!

and as Dweeb says, get coilovers first time. Rokkor do a good budget set. if you buy springs youll be happy for about a week then want it lower and buy coilovers. itll be money down the drain in the long run, just buy coilies first time and have fun with making your own stance tbh!!