ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Do You Backup Your Laptops?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I still manually plug mine in when I can remember to do it. I just use a 1tb WD hard drive.

Is there any decent cloud based ones that just automatically do it?

182 T
Assume you're on a mac, have a look at crashplan or backblaze if you want easy auto-magical cloud. Cost though.

You could also have a look at getting a small nas, like a WD MyCloud they have time machine support and stay on and connected to your network so time machine will auto back up when you're at home.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Assume you're on a mac, have a look at crashplan or backblaze if you want easy auto-magical cloud. Cost though.

You could also have a look at getting a small nas, like a WD MyCloud they have time machine support and stay on and connected to your network so time machine will auto back up when you're at home.
Thanks.

I'm new to this but was really hoping to have something similar to time machine where it backs up everything from settings to emails and programs via a cloud based service. So if I lost my laptop and got a new one it would pull all of the info as a proper hard back up. Does that make sense?