ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do i remove wing mirror covers?

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
as above, i'm having them sprayed on monday - tuesday along with some other bits and just wondered if they can be seperated from the mirror or if i'll have to remove the mirrors and mask them up?

cheers and merry christmas ;)

PH1 172 Sport
Think they just pop off mate. IIRC there is a gap on the outer edge to put something in to prise the covers off with.

I thought they were a whole unit as I had to change my nephews one...just opened the door and pulled the little cover off on the inside undone 3 screws and the whole thing pops off. the glass should just pop out too.

My trusty lil 182 :)
No, the covers pop off. As said above stick something in the gap and prise off. Held on by 3 clips. I broke 2 of mine but cover holds on without them!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
On the MK3 clio the mirror glass has to come out. The clips can then be nudged out from the inside. I'm 99% certain this would be the same (and correct method) of removing them ;)

Mine below with the casing removed. You can see the 4 holes where the casing clips through.

DSC01729.jpg

RB 182 Cup
they come off in seconds, fold the mirror in and just pull the cover off by the inside bit where it turns if that makes sense lol

caffery

ClioSport Club Member
  clio sport 2003 172
thanks for answers just mine due to this thread saying it was easy off sanded painted stickered bk on 45 mins ace got to love the new paints these days dry in 20 mins

Clio rs Gordini
While we're on the subject of wing mirrors. Where are the screws that hold the mirror casing to the car, and how do you get to them? My drivers side door has rattled itself loose and I need to tighter it back up.