ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How crap is wifi on the iphone!!

Audi S3 225
Ive searched on google and thank god it ain't just me, seems that wifi on the iphone just ain't that good. Ive done speed tests on http://testmyiphone.com with the phone pretty much next to the router and i get a average download speed of 0.5mbps connection. I tried it on 3g and got 1.55mbps and i only had 3 bars of signal!!

Ive tried every possible combination with different channels and switching between g,n and b mode and still cannot get a decent speed. Plus the wifi is very unstable and loses signal quite a lot when not near the router. The 2 laptops in the house have no problems with drop outs or speed so it must be the iphone!

just wondering if anyone else has the problem and what speeds you lot get.

Allan

btw i have the iphone 3g (3.0.1 jailbroken) and a d-link dsl-2740B with latest beta firmware and 8mb sky bb.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Mine's fine :/ Try going to wifi in settings, clicking on it then somewhere it says "renew lease". May help..

Audi S3 225
Ive tried everything now i give up :( weird thing is i swear my last 2 iphone's had no problems with wifi??!! Ill stick to 3g for the time being.

Cupra
I get 15mb down and 5mb up on wifi on mine all round the house. The laptop does get more but it on wireless N. I had a problem with my old N82 and wireless when the router selected certain channels. It might be worth manually setting the channel on the router until you find one that works for you?

Audi S3 225
I think for general browsing to the average user it will seem fine and load videos like normal. Only reason Ive noticed it was because Ive been trying to download 'ipa' files where you can see the speed your downloading at. If i hadn't done this i would have thought my wifi was fine also.

Mine is j/b and unlocked and running very quickly at home and work, not tried other locations yet.

Audi S3 225
I get 15mb down and 5mb up on wifi on mine all round the house. The laptop does get more but it on wireless N. I had a problem with my old N82 and wireless when the router selected certain channels. It might be worth manually setting the channel on the router until you find one that works for you?

Hi, ive tried every channel possible, spent a whole day trying different combinations. Turns out channel 4 is the best to use with g mode. Ive got neighbours using channels 6,8 and 11.

Audi S3 225
Just tried the speedtest app and it says down 1853kbps and up 368kbps. Hmmmm seems a bit better to what the other sites are telling me. Maybe it aint as bad as i thought.

Cupra
I just tried that testmyiphone site and also only got .5mb. It's just a s**t site by the look of it.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Mines spot on. Same as my computer..

3901112418_e89794994e_o.png

BMW F31
my WiFi is fine, 3G is quick too.

oh and having your iPhone/wireless device right next to the router wont necessarily give it a stronger signal, the signal kinda spews up out of the antenna and down bit like a water fountain, so if your right next to it you'll be missing the signal as opposed to if your were 1-2 metres away.

Audi S3 225
Just got a Netgear wireless router WNR2000 and have turned of wireless on the dlink. Ive connected the Netgear to the dlink and surprise surprise the wireless works perfect. Looks like it was the dodgy dlink to blame!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
mines fine too, use it everyday on the iphone :) and we only get 1mb of broadband through our door ffs